Westin Regina ***** AI/EP

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Steve, Jan 23, 2005.

1. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Westin Regina

Post comments, reviews, trip reports and links to your pictures for Westin Regina here.

Located at Km20 it is a 25 minute bus journey to the party center. This hotel is Ocean side. Downtown is a 50 minute bus journey away.

Check the links below for availability and pricing with the following operators:

Best Day Cancun

Expedia

Cancuntravel (All Inclusive)

Cancuntravel (European Plan)

2. Vegas Melissa

Vegas Melissa Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've stayed at the Westin on my first trip to Cancun in 2002. I really enjoyed this hotel. The rooms were beautiful and the staff was great. The beach was nice and you can walk over to Club Med and snorkel. I would have continued to stay at this hotel had it not been for the location. The location SUCKS! You are all the way at the end of the 7.

I normally stay at their sister property - The Sheraton. Great thing about that is they have a shuttle that takes you to both properties throughout the day and you can use eachother's ammenities. I love to shuttle over to the Westin to use their pool sometimes and snorkel. Plus, our FAVORITE poolside server is over there - BERNARDO :wave: .

He remembers us EVERY year we come back - even though technically we don't stay at the hotel we just visit several times during the week.

3. cathleen7

cathleen7 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We stayed at the Westin May 17-22, 2005. We had an awesome time, and we loved the hotel. We actually really liked being at the end of the seven as it was easy to know when to get off the bus. And after having a ball with the crazy bus drivers in Cancun, you have to know when to get off the bus!

Our room was very comfortable with the "heavenly bed" by Westin. While we had requested a king, we were given two doubles, but the 8 pillows they provided more than made up for that. The room was clean, and the maids did a great job getting out all the sand we brought in every day. Our room overlooked the ocean with a great view, and never heard a word from the time share sales people. The walls and floors seemed to be made of concrete, so the only noise we ever heard was the 3 rooms closest to us when they closed and open their doors, but otherwise our room was very quiet. We also had a separate shower and tub, with the shower having two shower heads, and being large enough to accomodate two people.
    [​IMG]

We only ate the outside lunch buffet at the hotel twice, which was 195 pesos, and was decent, but not fabulous. Ironically, the food was almost exactly the same both days. But the view from our table was awesome. We could see the occasional parasail going by also. We mostly went up the hotel zone for our meals (Mango Tango, Pat O'Briens, Fat Tuesdays, Captain Hook Pirate Ship). Here is the view from our table at the hotel:
    [​IMG]

Although the hotel was fully occupied, we never had trouble getting a chair by the pool or beach, and the towel game did not seem to be played here! And there was very mellow soft music being played by the pool (not loud or obnoxious) easy to read by.
    [​IMG]

The water by the hotel had a red flag up every day but one though. Down by Club Med it was yellow.
    [​IMG]

The absolute best part of this hotel is the snorkeling at Club Med which is next door. We were told to just walk down the beach, climb over the rocks, and climb in on the other side of the little metal lighthouse thingy. Very true, however, the rock climbing is a little intense (don't even think of doing it barefooted) and halfway there I was having my doubts. But if you can make it over the rocks (if I can, you can), just jump in when you are on the other side of the peninsula of rocks.

This was absolutely the best snorkeling we did on our whole trip. The water was very clear, we only saw one barracuda, and the water was very calm with very few snorkelers. Best of all it is free if you have your own gear. I had mine, but my husband rented his for two hours from the Westin for $6. It takes 10-15 mins to walk over there, (you also have to walk through a little bit of water, not too deep though) so wear some good aqua shoes and you should be fine on the rocks and in the water. Beware the hissing iguanas though! We snorkeled here two days and saw a ton of fish. The first day was better, we saw more fish that day, but I was very pleased both days with the experience.

We absolutely would stay here again, and I loved the peace and quiet of the location!

I'll try to put up a full trip report eventually!

Cat

4. rockrgrrrl

rockrgrrrl I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    anyone been here lately? i'll be there next month.. and i'm wondering how the rooms, restaurants are..
    i've seen some scalding reviews..
    :shock:

5. cathleen7

cathleen7 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Westin Regina

While we haven't been there recently, we did have a great time at the Westin. We will be visiting again this fall, and so far we are planning on staying there again. One of nicest parts was being able to walk right down the beach to Club Med to snorkel. We have our own snorkeling gear, and it was great to just be able to go whenever you wanted.

And truly, with the bus drivers driving as fast as they did in Cancun, I was so glad to be the last stop, so I never worried about passing the hotel and missing it.

The restaurant we ate at there was just the open air one by the pool for their lunch buffet, and in 2005 it was excellent. Hopefully it is still great.

6. rockrgrrrl

rockrgrrrl I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Re: Westin Regina

Thanks a lot! :lol:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice