We're back on Monday

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Steve, Jun 6, 2007.

1. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Booked the flights back to Cancun today we'll be back on Monday afternoon. England has been a nice place to visit but you wouldnt want to live there.

My Mum is coming back with us and will be around for two weeks, hope the weather is better for her than last December when it rained every day for two weeks bar one.

Seems like our cat has gone missing. Jannets brother has been staying at the house but hasnt seen the cat for almost a week. He's checked all over (even the rubbish bins) and Jannets Mum has been house to house but no sign of him. Don't know what we'll say to Dani when he's not there as she's been asking after him non stop.

See you all soon - maybe we can sort another beach trip while my Mum is around.

2. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Steve - Am making good weather wishes for your mum's visit.

Watch your email for incoming kitten photos, a friend has another kitty who needs a home...and I already gave her your email address...the steady stream of animals needing homes here never ends...

3. TANDG

TANDG Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hope you had a great time. Poor kitty. I hope you find him.

4. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Steve - I am trying to lose my daughter's adult male neutered cat. Should I bring him a week from today for you?

5. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    We arrived back today safe and sound - a gruelling 18 hour door to door trip. Since we had to leave at 3am Monday there was little point going to bed Sunday night - so 2 hrs sleep (on the plane) from the last 48 is taking it's toll.

Sadly, it was confirmed by a nearby security guard that our cat Tito was ran over and killed while we were away. Thanks to Kim (and her friend Cyndi) we already picked up a new kitten within an hour of getting home. He's currently getting used to his new surroundings although is somewhat disorientated, as am I!

We are not 100% sure, but we think Dani believes the new kitty is the same cat she has been asking about daily while we were away. He's a little younger and smaller but not far off in colour. I wanted to avoid any upset on her part and I think we might have pulled it off. Cheers TJ for the offer, but one is enough for now and we needed a young cat for the "deception" to work.

Been using pay per minute dial up for much of the month and it's great to get back to a decent internet connection. Anyway, off to bed shortly. Did I miss anything? and whens the next party?

6. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Welcome home Steve! Sorry to hear about your kitty being killed. I'm glad you were able to take Cyndi's kitty, he sounds like a playful one, she had a devil of a time taking his photo because he would not stop playing...

Talk to you when you recover from the trip.

7. jenleib

jenleib Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Welcome back to all Steve, I hope you recover quickly :lol:

8. R.I. GAL

R.I. GAL Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Welcome back Steve & co. :D :!:

So sad about kitty #1 :(

Glad a replacement was found quickly so little Dani was spared any heartache :D :!: :!:

Better luck with kitty #2 :!: :!:

9. janie

janie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Welcome Home Steve, Jannet and Dani!!!

............. :michaelf: :michaelf: :michaelf:

10. TANDG

TANDG Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Welcome home!! So sorry about the kitty :cry:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice