Well here we go again...

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by ACBUD420, Sep 2, 2007.

1. ACBUD420

ACBUD420 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    this time .. it's Felix....

the weather channel says it'll be really close to cancun wednesday morning (kinda like dean)

let's hope and pray for the best..

2. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    ya, steve has been updating it in the other forum. Suppose to be 200 miles or more south of where dean hit, so, from what steve said, it likely wont even make the NEWS in cancun, keeping an eye on it, but looks like not much for cancun! There is another storm brewing behind this one also to watch! DAmn storms

3. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I really don't think you have to worry about Felix. I'm heading to Cancun on Wed and am not worried.

The projected path has it making landfall well south of Cancun...even further south than Dean.

If you check with the National Hurricane Center or Wunderground.com I think you'll see what I mean.

Unfortunately, it is going to make landfall someplace and the people who were affected the most by Dean look to be the likely ones this time as well.

From the way it is going, Felix would have to make a drastic change of course to impact Cancun. By late tonight or tomorrow I think we'll see Cancun outside the cone of error for Felix.

4. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Yeah, Cancun is looking safe on this one at the moment. Despite what the weather channel might say.

I aint worried :)

5. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think if you want truly accurate info there are much better places to get it than the Weather Channel.

6. ACBUD420

ACBUD420 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ud think id know that!!! haha

good news for cancun!

7. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Ya think???? :wink:

8. Greta

Greta Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Prayers for the ones in its path..

9. Franco27

Franco27 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    lotta big storms out there this season!

10. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    They'll need it.

Thankfully Dean didn't take any lives when it hit Mexico but Belize just doesn't have the resources that Mexico does.

I hate to think of the damage this storm might do there.

Please take this as a reminder to all who are in a position to help (even a small amount is greatly appreciated) that there are several organizations you can donate to that assist hurricane victims.

Cancun may not be directly affected but the areas that are don't have anywhere near the resources to recover that Cancun does.

All donations would be greatly appreciated. There are some links on www.hurricanecancun.com for these organizations.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice