Weather?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Ben Gaz, May 21, 2007.

1. Ben Gaz

Ben Gaz Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I know everyone says that the weather websites are never right when it comes to Cancun (or pretty much anywhere for that matter), but I am getting kinda nervous. I have checked a few sites and they all show lots of rain and thunderstorms for the entire week we are there.

I know we can still have fun if it is raining, but we are really hoping for sun. Does it ever really rain in Cancun for a week straight or are these reports just talking about short showers?

I shouldn't be stressed by this but, it's becoming a concern.

2. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It rains every day for a week if we are having a hurricane, but that is rare.

I would say that the rains are over with quickly in most cases but can be real drenchers. All day rains are pretty rare in my experience but they can happen.

3. mikeh375

mikeh375 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ben, I understand your concerns. My wife and I arrive this Sunday, and of the three weather services I checked, Accuweather, the weather channel, and weather underground, none of the three are in agreement on the forcast for any day next week. Strange. :? :-o

4. Ben Gaz

Ben Gaz Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Accu changes every day. It is now showing horrid weather for the entire week when just two days ago, it was showing decent weather. I don't mind a little shower every day but I so hope it's not constant rain. For me, it would probably ruin my trip.

5. mitchellfam

mitchellfam Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think you'll be fine...when we went last year, there was a tropical storm...we didn't know about it...when we got back, Kevin's parents were asking if it ruined our trip...well, no, actually, it only poured rain for about 20 mins each day, and not everyday...just a couple here and there. We had no idea there was a tropical storm nearby. :?

6. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    No worries. Weather predictions can really be off.

They've been predicting rain all week here in the Metroplex area, and finally today I can say we might catch our first drop of the week by the look of the clouds. :evil:

7. mikeh375

mikeh375 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I wouldn't worry about it. Weather.com shows a 60% chance of showers or thunderstorms almost every day, but if you click on each day individually, it shows the UV index for each day of next week as being either high, very high, or extreme. That tells me there's going to be a lot of sun baking going on between the showers.

8. GONZO

GONZO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    When we went in March the weather was showing rain for most of the days we were there and it rained once for about an hour and that was it for the whole 10 days. Dont worry and bring your swimsuits. :D

9. mikeh375

mikeh375 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    :clap: :claphappy:

10. Ana

Ana Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Weather is fine, sunny and with stron NE wind (wired for this time of the year)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice