Weather!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by molson09, May 4, 2004.

1. Ana

Ana Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Today we have a "cold" morning followed by a beautifull sunrise that is shinning, ocean is in calm and a lot of people enjoying water sports and tanning. Some puffy white clouds hanging there, no wind and low humidity.

2. svenskaprincessa

svenskaprincessa Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Our recent weather experience

I know the weather in cancun has been sorta strange the past few months. Here is what we experienced at the Dreams Resort - Cancun

Tuesday 2/13- arrived late afteroon to 90's and sunshine! Could not get to the pool fast enough!

Wednesday 2/14- mostly sunny and warm (not hot)

Thursday 2/15- mostly sunny and warm (not hot)

Friday 2/16- 100% cloudy, windy, rainy, chill in the air - stayed indoors

Saturday 2/17- 90% clouds, a bit warmer though. We did go snorkeling but shivered as we came out of the water.

Sunday 2/18- 80% clouds but VERY windy could not be at the beach as sand was blowing everywhere. All beach chairs brought to the pool area. most people stayed off the beach and covered with towels, only to uncover quickly when the sun to poke out.

Monday 2/19- better, a little more sun but still about 50% clouds. Still everyone at the pool as the blowing sand was painful.

Tuesday 2/20- wind felt warm, not cool. About 40% clouds. big improvement.

My advice - you cannot change the weather so be prepared for anything. We did not pack enough "warm" clothing. Long sleeved shirts, sweatshirts, pants. Also, bring cards or travel sized games for the times it does rain. We had 3 kids with us, so going swimming or sight seeing in the rain is not fun. Some people may not be phased by poor weather. It did put a damper on a few days for us.

3. Ana

Ana Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Another sunny, warm and awsome day in paradise.

4. DConCT

DConCT CC's SB Godfather Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Ana.... please do me a favor.

Can you hold off on the nice weather for 11 days? I don't want all the nice days to pass before I get there.

Thanks! :D

just kidding of course. hope you are all enjoying the weather. :cool:

5. sunnyblack

sunnyblack Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What is the weather like right now??/

I'm thinking about doing a quick trip down there tomorrow morning. Found a flight for $350 from PDX and would love to know if the weather is nice.

6. Ana

Ana Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Weather today was great, sunny, warm (not hot) with wind from the SE and spectacular ocean.

7. Ana

Ana Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    :roll: Not so good since Satuday, stong N to NE cold wind blowing all day due to the front cold, no showers or rain but the wind is pretty strong.

8. Ana

Ana Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    sunny day but still strong wind, high seas and not so hot weather

9. Dovvie-boy

Dovvie-boy Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Weather update

Hi there folks can anyone give me a weather update please? I am leaving on the 3rd from Scotland for 2 wks in the Riu Caribe.
    Many thanks. dov

10. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It has been really, really nice lately. Hot but not too humid, really short shower yesterday morning but not a lot of rain at all recently, blue skies and nice breezes. It's the most wonderful time of the year!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice