We were robbed :(

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Steve, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    I suppose almost 5 yrs is not a bad record without major incident but today, we finally got unlucky.

Went for lunch with friends for an hour and a half and when we got back we'd been burgled. They took all 3 laptops, Jannets jewellery including her wedding and engagment ring, a digital camera, my cellphone and some English cash, turned the bedrooms upside down. Strangely they left my UK credit cards in the same wallet as the cash they took and also they left my digicam that was actually attached to one of the laptops they stole.

Fortunately I was able to borrow a desktop from same friends (although it's in Spanish) but have hopefully changed passwords and secured all important webstuff.

Might not be around too much while we try and sort all this out, then again might be around more since I'm feeling pretty lost workwise.

Ahh well, I wanted a new computer anyway!

2. amers

amers Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    robbed

Sorry to hear about that Steve, that really sucks. I know it doesn't help, but at least you guys were gone and no one got hurt or anything like that. Good luck with everything!!

3. janie

janie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sorry to hear that, Steve :(

4. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    VERY sorry to hear that steve, happy everyone is safe and sound though!

5. Fletch

Fletch Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wow Steve, I'm so sorry to hear that. Best wishes.....and like Jason said, if there is any upside at all to this, I'm glad everyone physically is safe.

6. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Man, that sucks Steve! What shit! If I were Jannet I would be bummed about the missing rings, I never take mine off for fear of losing them.

I hope you've got all the work-related security issues taken care of. Sounds like now it's time to go over the house and figure out how to keep the bad guys out.

Do you think you were watched when you left the house? It sounds like it. Are there construction workers working nearby right now? How did they get in? Have any of your neighbors been hit? Has Jannet fired any muchachas lately?

Would your neighbors chip in to pay for surveillance? You might consider that.

Well, enough of my nosy questions. I'm really glad you guys are ok.

7. rockrgrrrl

rockrgrrrl I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sorry about the robbery. That really sucks. :(

8. TraceyUk

TraceyUk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Steve and Jannett
    am really sorry to hear that - it stinks. Not only the stuff being taken but the violation of your privacy is just horrid.
    Love
    Tracey
    xxxxxxxxxxx

9. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sorry to hear about that Steve. Do you know how they got in and out???

10. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Oh man, that is just terrible Steve!!! Definitely let your neighbours know and see if anyone saw anything. I'm glad you guys are ok, but the sense of invasion and loss of the sentimental jewelry is horrid. :cry:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice