We arrive on June 1st!

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by kgunn, May 2, 2011.

1. CancunNurse

CancunNurse Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Welcome to Cancun. Just want to let you know that the International Women's Club is a group of women from around the world that meet once a month. It's a great way to meet women and listen to their experiences about moving and living here. They are also very helpful for information. It's a good way to develope a "friend" base. We have a meeting this Saturday at B2B Hotel at 9:30am. Breakfast is $130 pesos. We do not meet during the summer but we resume our meetings in September. If I can help you in any way, please do not hesitate to ask...

2. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Welcome! How are you settling in? :)

3. gringoNparadise

gringoNparadise Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    steves right!

thanks steve youre right im sorry if i seem a little overanxious to help someone i dont even know . i think its probably kinda like you wanting to help people go on booze cruises !.because youre a good guy AND you like to make a dollar or two! once again my apologies ,i wont make unsolicited gestures of kindness!

4. kgunn

kgunn Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Still no phone/internet at the apartment, the rest coming along. Having to leave and then find a hotspot in the mall is a pain. Nearly everyone has been friendly/helpful.

After shopping around at a bunch of different stores, really Liverpool has worked best for us. We were able to buy some floor model appliances and saved a boatload. In addition they have thown either additional price beaks or store credit. Also got a great deal on furniture from d'Europa. The only thing bought a Telabodega was mattresses for the kids and guest bedroom.

5. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    How're you making out with all that wind and rain we've been having, lately?

6. kgunn

kgunn Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Well coming from FL, it is not that big of a change. Interesting up in the tower where we live in where it the wind blows much stronger. Very cool watching the storm-clouds race across the lagoon. We watched was three waterspouts formed at once.

Poor internet and power outages are about the only complaints thus far.

Mauricio is working on our FM2 (looks like we may get to bypass the FM3--will know more later this week).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice