we are struggling to decide which Hotel

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by angels_among_us, Jan 9, 2008.

1. angels_among_us

angels_among_us Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ok Andrianna really wants to do cancun instead of Bahama's and like that idea because we feel safe taking them there as we have been there. Plus I cant wait to see Steve and Anna!

Were just struggling on which Hotel. we have stayed at Tucancun twice and loved it! However we think the water there maybe a bit rough for the kids. We could just stay at Tucancun and walk down the beach to a calmer area or we could try a new resort!

We would like to do a AI resort with a nice beach (not a small beach) and hotel. any advice?

2. cindyinmpls

cindyinmpls Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    RIU Caribe?

3. angels_among_us

angels_among_us Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'll check that out.

how about Cancun Palace? Where is this located as far as Tucancun?( or the mall?) walking distance? Just trying to figure out where it is located. It looks really nice! Reviews said food is good! It comes with Tours for free! how does that work?

How is the ocean is it rough?

Is the Hotel AI only? or is there things that are extra?

is the kids club included or is that extra?

Edit to add. I am REALLY struggling on what to do here! lol! Cancun Palace is about $800 more then Tucancun not sure if its worth that much more. The waters are calmer if we walk down a bit at Tucancun so maybe were just go back there. BUt then a part of me wants to try a new hotel and wantss to just book the Palace. One thing I do know is the Kids will have a blast no matter where we go!

We plan to do one or two tours and then hang out at the Hotel and take them to the mall , and both markets and and Isla and out to eat once or twice.

Does anyone know if Tucancun's food has changed much in the last two years?

4. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Anywhere on the east side of Cancun (where the Tucancun and Palaces are) will run the risk of rough waters. You are much better off on the north side, the water is always calm, shallow and great for kids. The Rius are all on that side, Ambiance Villas have the best beach in town in my opinion, the Presidente Intercontinental, Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach, Holiday Inn.

The Riu Caribe is a very nice all inclusive with a nice stretch of calm water beach, that would be my first choice for sure with kids if going AI.

5. angels_among_us

angels_among_us Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ok just talked to our Travel agent were researching Riu Caribe now. Gosh such a hard choice as one comes with all tours and one dont. Both about the same price Cancun Palace and Rui about $4100 now tucancun is $3400 but we expected to pay more.

What is within walking distance from Rui?

6. angels_among_us

angels_among_us Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think we have decided with Cancun Palace because of the free tours will really benfit us.

7. cindyinmpls

cindyinmpls Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    An fyi..
    We are palace members and love the chain.
    However, if you have younger children I am not sure if the Cancun Palace is the best choice for you.
    It is geared for families, a ton of teens and will have large waves and possibly no access to beach at times.
    If the beach is not a huge issue for you, possibly check out the Beach Palace as it is newly remodeled and geared towards families. It offers all of the palace amenities.
    Not to solicitate but, we are members and can get you a better price most of the time compared to travel agencies.
    You can message me if you want more info.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice