We are off !!!

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Viva' started by breezesfan, Nov 22, 2013.

1. javacouple

javacouple Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +463 / 0
    Sounds promising! Just need the right crowd there :)

2. sugX

sugX Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0
    We may change our plans if GOV is the place to be! Right now plans are for TTR. Keep us updated on how much 'fun' GOV turns out to be!:lotsofmichaelfs:

3. breezesfan

breezesfan Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    One note of warning , GOV does NOT water down the drinks !!!!! Found that out the fun way.

The beach is really the best for both swimming and floating. Make sure to bring you own floats. There are couple of very small rocky/weedy areas but the other 99% is completely clear. depth ranges from 4 to 6 feet at the ropes. Surprising, but there are lots of 2 ft long fish swimming around.
    Due to the Hotels alignment, the beach is shaded until 9 am and the main pool until around 11 am. However, both are in full sun until dark. No 5 pm cooldown here.

Main pool is huge and has a swimup bar and grill. you can get hamburgers, fries, etc without having to go inside. very good !!!
    Very few folks were in the pool all day and none were topless. (no surprise). but its very large and could easily rival TTR with the right crowd.

Food was great, loved the Mexican and Italian restaurants.

The rooms ,and really the bathrooms, are a huge step up from TTR. We chose the one with the balcony. That cuts out the desk and sofa, but it was worth it.

The niteclub "coyote" also has lots of potential !!!!

Great beach walking also. we went 1/2 mile north, will go south towards Rui Palace Las Americas today.

4. Ready2party

Ready2party Original H&H Gangsta's Registered Member

Ratings:
    +771 / 0
    Sounds so great , we can not wait! If I was there, would be the first topless one there :) LOL. We will definitely bring that crowd :) We appreciate the updates, feel like we r there! Enjoy the rest of your trip, cheers , L&W

5. Lenni & Jodie

Lenni & Jodie The Unicorn Hunters Registered Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 2
    Woke up to snow on the ground this morning, that means it's Lenni Season in Mexico.... Off to the travel center to get tickets hopefully they have some for today, still packed from last year minus the costumes, don't think GOV will have a proper understanding of our costumes just yet....

fuck it, I will have to bring them, just to show me what their up for, fingers crossed there is a seat left open on today's place there

6. jandpyoung

jandpyoung Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Loving the updates! How do you get a room with a balcony? I havent seen a choice when booking. Is it an upgrade when you get there and if so how much? We have 3 couple looking at booking and we all need a balcony. Thanks so much for the great updates. It gets us even more excited. Would love to see some pics also....or video...LOL

7. midwestern

midwestern Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +40 / 0
    Bust out the Boobies, maybe they need someone to just break the ice !!!!

8. breezesfan

breezesfan Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    LOL, Yes if readytoparty was here that would surely break the ICE!!! a DIFFERENT crowd here today than yesterday. so maybe we will see a few topless gals.
    I'm a GA Tech Electrical Engineer and I suppose too much knowledge can be a dangerous thing. The room safes arre a bit different!!! THey actually gave us a key and the locking mechanism. its about 1" in LxWxH. you insert the lock into a slot in the safe. Had a couple of those non watered down rum/cokes and could not figure out how to unlock the thing. After several minutes of trying, finally figured out, you have to turn the key and pull the mechanism out of the sate !!! DUH!!!!

The resort has several really small (4 people) elevators with these strange blue lights.
    This is going to be "interesting" when the TTR crowd shows up and try to squeeze 5-6 folks in these things.

Only mini downer was no bacon in the breakfast buffets.

As far as the balcony room, we simply asked at checkin and got one with no charge.

will post pixs tonite

9. midwestern

midwestern Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +40 / 0
    NO BACON !! WTF !!! Hey, you guys are doing a great job of filling us in on your vacation. You got me hanging now, can't wait for the pixs tonight

10. Lenni & Jodie

Lenni & Jodie The Unicorn Hunters Registered Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 2
    Hey breeze fans, we're heading down to party see you around 9 pm tonight GOV is about to be ...... We'll lets just say all those who are not expecting to see us are in for a huge surprise

Btw there a Boobscrusie tomorrow are you guys going, if so we can split a taxi over to TTR I will keep in touch here later on, inbox me if you want, see you guys soon

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice