We are back.. Review

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by cheribeth, Mar 25, 2009.

1. cheribeth

cheribeth Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What a great vacation!! Check In, we got there earlier than 3pm. The couple with us got their rooms right away. A little after three our room still wasn’t ready, so asked the front desk to possibly get us a different room. It would have been further from our friends so we just got in our swim suites, went swimming came back and room was done. No big deal.. We were pretty tired, but heck it was vaca and we don’t complain a lot.
    The front staff was actually very nice and apologetic as well.

A/I food is average, nothing too special. We always found something to eat. We went to four specialty restaurants. They were all fairly good, although very small portions. The alcohol was ok, I mostly drank beer. I mean it wasn’t really bad or anything, just not what I am used to so I stuck to beer. Although the Melon Sour, and Drunkey monkey is really good!

We had a great view from our room; we got an ocean view room. The room was nice; it would have been nice to have a clock in the room, but not a huge deal. We didn’t spend a lot of time in the room. The biggest downfall to our room was the fact that we were number 2315, ocean view, but the bar is right outside the room. It was so loud, until very late. We were pretty tired at night so would typically fall right to sleep.
    Activities, the staff at the sexy pool work very hard to get people involved. They have great activities and it is a lot of fun. You truly never know what you’re getting into when you join an activity, but heck who cares!!

The ocean.. Well my husband and I typically prefer swimming in the pool. But you are paying to go to a tropical place with a nice ocean. I can say that was the most disappointing part of vaca. The beach was full of seaweed. You definitely didn’t want to swim in it. We did one tour; we booked before going (not from the resort) it was the Isla Mujere’s tour. It wasn’t what they said it would be.. They promised a lot more to the tour and their wasn’t enough time. They stuck all kinds of people on this boat that smells. I would probably book when you get to the resort. We did rent the sea-doos from the resort. That was a lot of fun. My husband and I shared, and the couple we were with shared. We went out for an hour.. We also got a massage.. Honestly not really worth the money. We did a 25 min back and neck..

Would I go back?? Probably not.. I mean the resort was soooo much fun! I would recommend it to people. It is a wild place!! The people were great and the staff was awesome.. But there are too many other places I want to travel.

2. cheribeth

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Forgot to mention.. We did take the bus to the center of Cancun and did some shopping.. We honestly were never worried or never felt in danger.. We ate at Hooters and got all kinds of pictures. People were very nice.

3. j3

j3 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +43 / 0
    WOW bummer, hate you did't enjoy TTR. Sounds like you were more for the beach then the party. I must agree that the beace is not as nice as some we have been to but if you are going to be there for the beach this is not it, but if you are there for the party and to meet all the new friends that you are going to have dam this is the place. please don't get me wrong this place is not for everone.We like it becouse there is no screaming kids and no one knows you and they don't give a shit. I will end my reply by saying I wish you would have had a better time on your vacation becouse everyone should have that.

4. TerryB

TerryB I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Our first trip was the worst, but every trip just gets better. We just go there a couple of times a year and a few other places in the states. Yea there is a lot to see out there, but right now we are more interested in having fun and seeing old friends and meeting new ones. Terry

5. j3

Ratings:
    +43 / 0
    Hey Terryb what part of the peach state are you from.We are up the Rd from you.we live in Tn K-town

6. Sheandme

Sheandme Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I will follow with a trip report as we just got back Monday, but I (we) do want to say we had a great time! The people we met and hung out with were fun and the food - especially the italian restaurant was excellent!! This coming from someone who grew up in RI!! Everyone was very accomodating. We celebrated Kathies b-day at the Italian restaurant and they went above and beyond to make it work out well. This was our first trip to TTR but God willing it will not be our last, we already miss the people we partied with :( I just we could have met all we spoke with on this board. Fun time and no kids!!

7. diamondheaded

diamondheaded I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 1
    sounds exactly like me and t

i do understand it is not for everyone - but if you are simply looking for a great place to hang out and have fun in cancun - not sure your money could be spent any better

if you are loking for a 5 star hotel with a great beach and a cast of orange county wannabeez sipping on fruity drinks in cute lil petite $175.00 glasses............equipped complete - with an umbrella, a 10 dollar souvenir straw, and a bright green section of lime (doing absoloutely nothing but getting in the way of a taste i might add)

- probably should look elsewhere

rob and t

8. TerryB

TerryB I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    North Georgia, About half way between Atlanta and Tenn. off 75 better known as the NW Atlanta suburbs LOL . K-town would that be Knoxsville? Terry

9. j3

Ratings:
    +43 / 0
    TerryB yes knoxville GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. cheribeth

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Don't get me wrong, we had a blast, and it was great meeting new people.. We met some really nice people there as well.. I loved the vacation a lot and miss it. The entertainment crew was awesome..

I dont have very high expectations at all.. I do think the beach sucked and the massage wasnt great .. But those two are not the determining factor.. My husband and I are young, I'd like to do a little traveling,(Costa Rica, Bahama's , Aruba).. I will say if we do get a group of friends wanting to travel with us, this will deff be the place we will go.. I've never been to a place with so much fun adult entertainment..

I wouldnt discourage anyone from going to Temptation.. It was a lot of fun!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice