We Adopted a Street Dog

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by RiverGirl, Jan 31, 2007.

1. gbchayctca

gbchayctca Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hopefully someday I will be able to share pics of my brave boy.

Two weeks ago he got an ear infection (yeast/bacteria) so he's getting medicine daily. He went for his check up on Wed, and my mom was to bring him back to me on Thurs night. His infection hasn't quite cleared up so I need to continue giving him his meds. Well, on Thurs he was playing outside at grandma's (my mother's) and tore off his du-claw...not sure of spelling. So back to the vet...tranquilizers, pain meds, antibotics, a bandaged paw, and the plastic collar. This is not the first time this has happened...the first was in the parking lot after another vet appt...they just turned right back around and went in.

Apparently, America is not agreeing with him. He moved from cancun with me in Sept 2005, and since then we have been to the vet for the following: a snow aspirating incident which led to extreme dehydration, surgery and recovery for his boy-ball removal, an incident when he ate a cream cheese container (yes, the container) and it didn't pass so we got him x-rayed (appeared on my living room floor a few days later, I still do not know which end it came out), several months of treatment for heartworm despite having giving him his pills religiously, the latest ear infection, and the two claw tearing episodes I just mentioned. This is all in a year and a half.

His walker has offered to get him suited in a plastic bubble since it seems he'll be much safer as a bubble boy.

Oh, and I forget about the Thanksgiving turkey incident, which didn't necessitate a vert visit, but nevertheless was not enjoyable for anyone in the house.

2. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Pobre Leo! Poor little baby. He wants to come home to Cancun. :wink:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice