We Adopted a Street Dog

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by RiverGirl, Jan 31, 2007.

1. gbchayctca

gbchayctca Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Jackson is an extremely handsome fellow!

He looks like a nobler, more mature version of my goofy Leo.

If I ever have a house and room to keep them, I'd love to get rescued dogs...I just can't see spending several hundred dollars on a purebred when there are so many charming mutts that need good homes. Although, even some purebreds are also rescue cases, especially when coming from puppy mills.

2. R.I. GAL

R.I. GAL Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Congrats on your "adoption" Rivergirl........both of mine are rescues.....I wish there was a tax or something very costly for folks who breed dogs.....so sad to think of how many furbabies are out there w/o someone to love them :(

At least the streets of Cancun are minus one sad street dog.....enjoy many loving years :D

3. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    OHG Canuck! I can't believe how cute she is!!!!!

4. janie

janie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    awwww, the dogs are sooo cute! :D

5. TANDG

TANDG Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I love this thread! All of your dogs are just precious! I don't want to even think about getting another dog, because my Eddie is going to live forever, but, if I do, it will be a rescue dog!

Bless you all for rescuing those babies!

6. Kris in Cancun

Kris in Cancun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Congratulations Kim on your new addition! Since everybody is participating in show and tell, I'll add in a pic of my mentally insane, totally neurotic, and unfortunately epileptic, 3 lb. child...

[​IMG]

He's not adjusting so well to our new life in Mexico. I've actually been looking around for a sister for him. I thought it might help him to have some company and someone to play with during the day.
    The problem is, because he's so small...any new pet coming into the house needs to be somewhere near his size too (and hairless as I'm allergic to most things on 4 legs). If anyone knows of a small, fairly hairless, female looking for a good home, let us know...

Congrats again Kim!

Kris

7. GONZO

GONZO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Great job by Rivergirl and her rescue, really a nice looking stray. Cancuncanuk your little puppy is adorable.

Ok then if we are all going to be showing our dogs here is mine sporting their new Outlaws bandanas.

[​IMG]

8. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Love all the dog pictures.

My hubby keeps saying that Sam isn't big enough to be a good guard dog. I think he wants ANOTHER one! I keep telling him to let me train Sam first...once he's under control we can consider more rescues.

9. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    I think Kelly is fine where she is :wink:

10. iamkcs

iamkcs Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We are of the impression that our dogs are going to live forever as well! Barney is my 10 year old "baby" (yellow lab), and we have an English mastiff named HANK, who we rescued from the Animal Welfare League near our home. He is 7 this year. We love them like crazy and would rescue another dog in a minute (if we didn't currently have 300 pounds of dog in our house between the two of them!). We'll undoubtedly "adopt" again someday!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice