Watered Down Drinks…

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Stara, May 19, 2024.

1. BeuMeu

BeuMeu Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 5
    Like I said before it’s all about the fun so go and have a good time don’t count how many drinks you have just count the memories you may or may not remember

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. BeuMeu

BeuMeu Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 5
    Yet again the so called “water down drinks” has more alcohol than a beer. Beer has 4.2% and a regular run of the mill margarita is about 33% so there would have to be a lot of watering down going on. Like I have said before if you aren’t getting drunk to your liking drink more.

3. JandMS

JandMS Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +165 / 1
    I mean, if you are asking the bartenders to fill up your 32oz Yeti, they first fill it COMPLETELY with ice... then pour the drink. I assume that would "water it down" after an hour... but also, I almost always ask for "minus jugo/dulce, mas Ron" (or vodka or whatever). I can't deal with all the extra sugar/sweet when they make the drinks "normal".

4. LemAndAmber

LemAndAmber Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +60 / 0
    Can’t believe I’m weighing in on this thread again. I don’t even care that much.

Just got back back and had to share this experience: The drinks weren’t very good this time. The more complicated, the worse it was. So we tried to keep it simple. I ordered a Malibu and Coke…in a plastic cup, not my big insulated cup. I watched them add ice, fill it up 2/3 with Malibu and topped it off with Coke.

It tasted like very watered down coke with the slightest hint of coconut. This is a common drink for me. I know what Malibu tastes like. You can’t fool me with Parrot Bay. This was highly watered down Malibu poured from the bottle.

I went across the street and bought my own bottle of rum. I had them bring extra cans of coke to the room. All good after that.

As much as it pains me to say, this is why it is so hard to get a buzz at Temptation. Stick to the wine, champagne, and bottle service if you’re trying to get your swerve on.

5. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,209 / 14
    Hmm, if I want a strong drink I just ask for one without ice or with just a couple of pieces. Never been an issue.

They'll serve your drink however you ask for it. But if you don't specify you'll have the cup filled with ice first - it's just the default that most people prefer.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2024
  6. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,209 / 14
    For about 20 years. I use it to rinse my mouth out after brushing, you're spitting it out after all. And that's with the downtown water, not the purified stuff in the hotel.

People take a lot of precautions that are totally unnecessary. When I first moved to Cancun someone told me I should always check my shoes for scorpions before putting them on. That lasted for all of about two weeks having not found one. Twenty years later I have never encountered one ever in my shoe, nor have my wife or kids, or anyone I know.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. LemAndAmber

LemAndAmber Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +60 / 0
    I actually have found a scorpion in my boot…more than once - but not in Cancun.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice