Water

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by dold, Dec 12, 2019.

1. iowa farmers

iowa farmers Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +995 / 10
    We use bottled water to wash our bubba mugs and brush our teeth with. Use antibiotic dish soap in the bugga mugs.. never had an issue with water that way..

2. wild1s

wild1s Naughty 'n Nice Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3,878 / 9
    It's all true, but we have found that bathing in the hotel water will cure venerial disease.

3. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Ignoring the childish part of the original post, but for the benefit of others.

The water at TTR is purified, they have their own purification plant. It will contain different minerals to the water you're used to at home, but it's not unclean.

We live downtown, our water is not purified. Jannet, the kids and myself all use it for brushing teeth with no problems at all. We don't drink it, but quite happily wash veggies in it etc. None of us ever had a problem.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • List
  4. Vince & Wendy

Vince & Wendy Welcome to Never, Never Land! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +792 / 0
    Mmm.... in 12 years never had an issue with water.
    Sorry you did though it could have be been something else. Was sick just once myself and pretty positive it wasn’t the water.

5. HotforSun

HotforSun Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +779 / 1
    Lol. Oh my thought as well.

6. FUNANDSUN

FUNANDSUN Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,135 / 1
    In our 12 trips to Mexico We’ve been semi- cautious and have never had a sickness issue. Have drank hotel water at sitdown meals plenty. It seems as tho on recent trips the hotel has geared toward providing bottled more often than in the past.

7. FUNANDSUN

FUNANDSUN Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,135 / 1
    Definitely noted. Sorry to hear that. Would be awful on a trip we sooo anticipate every year.

8. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,628 / 4
    First Cancun trip to the Golden Parnassus I drank the glasses of water they out at the tables. Went home pretty sick for a while after doing that.

Since then it has always been bottled water, even for brushing teeth. Meri does use regular water for teeth brushing most of the time.

I’ve been fine every trip since the first one until this last one. I was fine every day, and ate at Sea Flirt, and had the jambalaya. Not sure if that was it, but it was something. I avoided the fresh fruit and salads this time, as there had been issues prior, and I didn’t want the risk.

9. Lindilou

Lindilou Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +928 / 1
    We just got back yesterday and neither one of us got sick. We were cautious on our first trip 2 years ago, but after hearing of the filtration system they have on the hotel strip or at TTR, we just got out and tested... 4th trip and never got sick. I must drink 2L of tap water/day and ???L of booze...result = headache! Don't know if it's the water or the booze but it's nothing Advil can't fix.
    We don't want to influence anybody, but from our pov, this has nothing to do with the water at the resort. Could be from washstations in fields where they wash fruits and veggies or who knows where, but since I don't eat fruits, I have nothing to be worried about and am proof that tap water is safe.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice