Water will be cut for approx 10 hours tomorrow.

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by rawkus, Dec 2, 2009.

1. rawkus

rawkus I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    @RG: Well, the problem is theirs :)

They are the ones that have managed to mess it up... twice. She has also sued them for the damages, and the court ruled in her favor, since it was them who did all the work... Still not a Peso from them though...

She is arguing with them since the costs to repair the house are high.

Thats all I know in her case :) She sticks to manually turning it on/off, and in her case - I dont blame her.

Anyways, back to the point of the post:

Hope people got a heads up at least.

Ciao :)

2. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Oh perfect, so Aguakan is employing incompetents. What a huge surprise. Well I hope she figures it out. It does seem like she's putting up with a lot for lack of properly installing a cheap part. But it's her crusade to fight.

3. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    I know many complexes have cisterns, and many individual apts have water tanks of their own, often on the roofs, but the building I live in has neither. We are 100% dependent on a steady supply of water delivered through the system. In six months, there has only been two interruptions of a few hours, each, to a 24/7 delivery. That's why I'm glad to get advance warning, so we can get our showers in early, tomorrow AM!

4. rawkus

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    RG: Yep, but she doesnt want to change anything until they come through... Shes in no real rush and doesnt want to tamper with ANYTHING since they are "investigating" (even after they have been found guilty!! :? )

She has papers for quite a nice sum of money once/if it ever comes through.

I would have lit a fire under their behinds - daily if needed, but thats me ;)

Just came back from my run and discovered our whole little street is covered in half a feet of "mud"... Apparently the drain where Cielo meets Bonampak has been blocked "forever" and now it decided to vomit it all back up for us humans to see... :mad:

Stinks really bad - Im sure our dear and beloved mosquitos will LOVE these "mudpools"! Dengue in the making?

Has anyone heard why they have decided to cut off the water tomorrow?

Havent heard anything and Im amazed that I even got the email.

5. rawkus

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    V: Exactly. Ill be getting up at 5am just to hit the shower :)

Sucks that it had to be on my day off this week :?

6. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    You don't live that far from me, I'm in SM2A, so you probably have the same steady supply of water we do.

7. rawkus

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Im not familiar with the SM`s to be honest. We are in SM4, opposite Plaza Nayandei and unfortunately close enough to Plaza del Toros to hear the people cheer when they kill bulls :mad:

We have never had any serious problems with our water supply. 2 times it has been cut - once when they did some repairs in our street(it was out for 1 hour) and once when someone stole the copper pipes :roll:

8. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I figured out what the water outage means to my hood. It means nothing. They are sending water now, just like they always do.

9. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    The "outage" was a fizzle here, too, Rivergirl, with no interruptions that I became aware of.

But, Rawkus, don't take it to heart, you were just working with the info you had available. (They'll probably cut us off, today, when we're not expecting it!) This was the first time we'd had any notice of an interruption, even one that proved not to be....

V.

10. rawkus

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Don`t shoot the messenger :wink:

EDIT: @RG: It was supposed to be 0700 - 1700, not after 10pm :)

We had some minor interruptions, but I wouldnt call it "cutting the water"...

However, the sewage that came out like a fountain the other night is till here, stinkier than ever... Im sure it takes for someone to die before they decide to lift a f-ing finger to clean it up.... :evil:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice