water softener or water treatment for the house

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by johndish, Jan 1, 2008.

1. johndish

johndish Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have these continuing nightmares about the hardwater clogging up the pipes that are conveniently plumbed in the cement of my house. are there water softeners for sale and if so is there rock salt available?

anyone have a small water treatment solution to soften and sanitize the water that does not cost a fortune?

by the way just got back from Chiapas and went to a place called boca de cielo... it might be heaven....

2. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have the same nightmares about my house. When we gutted the house we replaced everything except the structure...and the pipes. And I've worried ever since.

3. Karl

Karl Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi John
    Karl here. I Have been working in your area and just put a system in. I assume you have a well and a pressure system. To add a water softner system , the 3 stage that everyone recommends is around 2500 usd. and up with all the equipment and the labor. Salt has to be replaced around twice as much as Fla. Alamos water is twice as hard as the city's. Every pool place puts them in or you can do it piece meal. You need to put the system in a place that maintanince can be done with out a problem as you have to check it twice a month. Let me know if you want more info. Happy New Year

4. johndish

johndish Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    karl i am interested... more than i wanted to spend but...

can you email me at johndishinger at hotmail.com

admin not worried about spam

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice