WATCH OUT PREMIER MEMBERS

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Jim and Kathy in Ohio, Jan 18, 2007.

1. SBFD337

SBFD337 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    When will you be down there?
    I will be there with a group of 5 .... May23-30

2. nmarcks

nmarcks Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    The whole program has changed so many times since the start of it when I bought in that it almost makes me sick. I was intially told they were going to do alot of things for the members (perks) and very few of them actually came true. Honestly I have no idea how they keep all the different versions of there contracts in order. They turned something so simple into a complete nightmare for (thinking)people to deal with.

So far from what I can tell is just about every measure/rule change taking towards the Premier Members in the last few years is nothing more then cost cutting measures on the BBG's part(more profit for them). I guess there rule of thumb is we got your money so pretty much live with it or go somewhere else. I don't know how much control RCI has in all this or a voice in it. But ever since they pretty much got there hands in to it heavily that was the turning point.

Nick and Renee

3. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Good luck Jim!!! Give em hell!!!

My contract doesn't call for a fee either. I've never been charged a fee, but it doesn't mean at some point they won't attempt to do so.

As for RCI, they have been nothing but top notch with me. I have NO complaints about them or the service they provide. I have boo coo "issues" with BBG though.

Michelle

4. nmarcks

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Do you know how much control RCI has over the BBG???? I guess more from a contract side of things and changes within the contract. Is it RCI or the BBG that writes up the contracts or both??

I've called RCI a few times when I was member with RCI and got good service from them. But it seems like to me right when RCI pretty much got there hands into the BBG, that is when alot of this stuff started and continues to this day. I guess maybe its just a timing thing and RCI isn't to blame.

I don't know all this just gets under my skin and mainly the jacked up A.I fees that I feel are overpriced by about a solid $10 to $12 a day per a person.

5. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    As far as I'm concerned, RCI is NOT to blame for the stupid policy's that BBG seems to come up with time and time again. You won't find similar policies anyplace else that is RCI affiliated......it's only at BBG that you find the stupid stuff that makes no sense and gets rediculous after a while.

The timing is coincidental to me, not controlling.

Michelle

6. Jim and Kathy in Ohio

Jim and Kathy in Ohio Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I thought I had this resolved. I emailed Mario and asked him to forward my mail to the premier club manager, whigh he did.

Thank you Mario.

I received an e-mail from Dulce Mendoza stating that a refund would be forthcoming and I would receive an email confirmation.

I have not recieved either.

I have e-mailed Dulce Mendoza twice asking for an update.

No response.

No surprise.

Now I have to BURN some of my vacation time next week battling with the premier club.

That sucks.

7. nmarcks

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Good luck and give them hell.

Please suggest to them (I have on every trip) too put out some kind of newsletter to the Premier members like two or three times a year. It would really help avoid these surprises that seem to pop up every year and keep people happy.

Nick and Renee

8. soonn

soonn Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Can't logon to RCI Points web site

Another unhappy buyer.

9. 12531

12531 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    You absolutly have 5 days to get out of the contract!! Hopefully they have some proof they tried to cancel after 4 days. these sites may give you info you need
    You might want to look at this thread on this forum search
    Can't logon to RCI Points web site

Profeco is mexican version of BBB
    email complaints to extranjeros@profeco.gob.mx
    or the mexican embacy in your home state if you have one
    Complaint form can be found at www.profeco.gob.mx/formas/f_3i_quejas.htm

type PROFECO into google and there is an option to translate into english
    Another site you all may find helpfull is

http://www.mexican-timeshare-fraud.blogspot.com/

I fully agree that if enough of us start complaining they will have to recind this rediculious stuff they are trying to pull with our points limitation. We bought the points we have the right to use them!

10. fireonwindcsr

fireonwindcsr Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    MEMBERS WILL TALK & TALK WILL CREATE LEVERAGE OPPORTUNIT

It's a shame what is happening with points, RCI, transfer costs, and all of the other unexpected surprises which are the result of signing a contract with ( by all accounts ) -LOOPHOLES. My wife and I became Premier Members about 7 years ago when the economy was good. We purchased 860 days which could be used over 25 years. Only 1 time did we convert days to points for airfare. The numbers / cost factor just didn't mesh. It was just better to find our own airfare because the cost factor was cheaper. People figure out what works for them as the years go by. Salesmen and women will promise the world. READ the Contract and ask questions. Hind site is a great thing. What I am going to say now should be no great mystery to anyone - New or Not.

PEOPLE TALK. Every person at the bar or Every soul in the pool will talk to the person next to them. Temptations is a social adventure. Great people and atmosphere. It should also be known that these PEOPLE are the greatest sales persons that TEMPTATIONS, RCI, or any other affiliate can count on. So, what does this mean? People who are disgruntled will say so. People who are happy with Premier and RCI will voice their opinions as well. And that my friend is leverage. People unhappy with things can bring down sales of new memberships. Is that good or bad? Is that supply and demand? Can change for the better occur or will things get worse?

I guess we'll see when the numbers start to dwindle because there are less leisure dollars on the table and now someone wants more.

Anyway, I hope the people in power realize the Brand name they have which is backed by long time members who want to continue to come to back Temptations as a repeater - and of course have fun. BBG/TEMPTATIONS/RCI step up to the plate and make good on your past deals. Its the right thing.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice