WATCH OUT PREMIER MEMBERS

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Jim and Kathy in Ohio, Jan 18, 2007.

1. SBFD337

SBFD337 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Wel just think about it... buy the flight outright for $500.00... use your points/days for a transfer fee of $50 form RCI... + the $$ value on the points......+ your $200 charge... think you might as well of just paid for the flight yourself initally... and kept that 10-30k in the bank...

JUST MY 2 CENTS

Justin

2. SBFD337

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Bear with me-I'm very new to this timeshare gig (scam?), but are you telling me that if I purchase a week for let's say $5000, I still have to pay this $80-118 fee per PERSON per NIGHT staying there?[/quote]

What Steve said below....
    you are buying rights tot eh room... say you paid $5000 for your time share...... you are probally getting a week or 2 every year for 25 years and probally a "X" # of points to use with RCI or get more time at BB every year....

Also with being a member you get some other perks.... 20% of SPA, 20% off Tours... extra premier menu in restraunt, premium ETOH... Ocean view room, 2 bottles of water (1 liter) iin room each day, access to safe in room....

So it is not all of a scam.... I own a time share in Arizona for 4 yrs and just bought at BB..... I was thinking it was a scam too at one time.... but you have to make it work for you....

Don't just go to one place.... use the RCI network....... buy airfares.....

I am booking Airlines for a wedding.... the flgith through US airways cost $550........ If I use my points I pay about $325, $50 booking fee and $275 is the $$ value of the points I used..... so it has its perks....

IT IS JUST HOW YOU USE IT!!!

Justin

3. Beverly

Beverly 2nd day member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If I'm not mistaken, from the way I understand it, just about everyones contracts are different in some way. What I was told a few months ago was that there is so many different versions that have been sold that not even the reps at BBG are sure of the differences. At times, they have to actually re-read the contract to see exactly what that particular contract entails.

As far as it being worth it or not. I know I've said it before but here goes again. We've never had a problem with our premier membership. Everything has always been good and only found minor things that was misrepresented. So I guess you could say that we are happy with ours. Maybe we're just lucky, cause I know of quite a few others who were down right lied to and are really unhappy. I don't really think that we saved any money in the long run, but just the convenience of it is well worth it to us.

4. SBFD337

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We are happy with ours too....
    But today finally got the points tranbsferred that I needed to book flights... well not into RCI yet tho... said it takes 24-48 hrs....
    But they pointed out where it was in the contract.... you only get 240,000 points a year to transfer into RCI without a charge.... every 240,000 over that you are charged $115USD... but they let me take this years 240k and borrow next years without a charge......
    I am seeing more and more things that are misrepresented.... but for the most part it is great......
    But I will next month when I am BB-Getaway.... I will give them a ear full in the Sales Department....... we will see what happens or if anything changes...

ALso another questions to memembers out there
    like with my time share I get 6 weeks every year and 5.2 million points........ it says in my contract this is good for 25yrs..... but the sales department said that if you have points remaining at the 25yr mark your contract will be extended another 25yrs.......

Anyone have any feelings on this?

5. SBFD337

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was only hit at $115USD per extra 240k over my yearly 240k...... I just transferred 1,200,000 points... they took this years and next years 240k at no charge..... but hit me up $115 x 3 for the other 3-240k blocks.

not that bad.... ends up being $30/flight extra....
    but still would of been nice to have been told that in the begininning.....
    NEXT TIME READ THE CONTRACT - BEFORE SIGNING.....
    found that clause under #6 in the contract about the charges....

6. SBFD337

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You can transfer 240,000 each year with no charge.... every 240,000 over that is $115USD....
    Unless you borrow from the following years 240,000 there is no charge....

but it is in the contract..... under #6

7. Beverly

Beverly 2nd day member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This is what I was referring to when I said that there is so many versions of the contract that they can't keep them straight. We have no fee in our contract, but others do.

8. Steve and Kim in Ohio

Steve and Kim in Ohio Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    SBFD337,
    When did you purchase? Reviewed my contarct when Jim sterted this topic and found absolutely no reference for a fee to convert nights to points..I'm planning to inquire on our next trip in May and am going to arrange to be at the next table to Jim :wink: when he visits the sales office. This may be quite interesting.

9. SBFD337

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Look in your contract and look under #6 PREPAID INCLUSIVE FEE AND PRICES OF ALL INCLUSIVE.

It says if the memeber exchanges his/her days for points in a outside exchange company... you will pay the operator $115 USD for every 240,000 points deposited.

10. Jim and Kathy in Ohio

Jim and Kathy in Ohio Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Looked at my contract again. My article 6 has no such statement.

Going down in 3 weeks, I'm saving 2 hours of my vacation for the Premier Club.

If they are applying your contract rules to my contract, I'm going to raise so much SH@T it won't be funny.

Jim

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice