WATCH OUT PREMIER MEMBERS

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Jim and Kathy in Ohio, Jan 18, 2007.

1. Ed and Rae

Ed and Rae Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Each time I've been to BBG people have asked me about the gold band etc and I tell to keep an open mind and check it out , it is different than other programs and I was satisfied . Other members that were present would all pretty much agree. I know members who came back just to purchase a bigger package. ( as was our plan ) However, now , if the rules are changing, I'd have to tell new prospects that also. (not to bad moouth , but just being honest) This would definately scare most people off. I think word of mouth is a pretty good way to advertise. If they're doing this to make more sells it may backfire.

my 2 cents

2. Jim and Kathy in Ohio

Jim and Kathy in Ohio Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I received an e-mail from the premier club. They referenced numerous articles of my contract that had absolutely nothing to do with converting nights to points.

At this point in time I could never recommend joining to anyone. Unless you wish to piss away some money.

Jim

3. soonn

soonn Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    BBG got our money. BBG does not care about CancunCare posts, cause there are more fish in the ocean.

Soonn

4. ken2007

ken2007 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Friends

I just had a couple of friends buy in. Jack was the sales person. They two young ladies said NO plenty of times but after they were given 5-7 drinks and 6 hrs later they signed. They called back 4 days later to cancel and were told they had to do that within 3 days. Contract said 5. They came back tot he States and contacted me and I am trying to get them out of it.
    Like others I was promised a call and nothing. I contacted the company they went through and they are calling the Resort and trying to help.

Any Ideas?

Also I bought into a timeshare 10 plus years ago and the same things happened. Things that were good all of a sudden changed, they went out of bussiness and alot of people lost their money.

Thanks
    kenkrie@msn.com

5. ken2007

ken2007 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Word of mouth!!

I WOULD TELL ALL TO CHECK OUT OTHER RESORTS> MAYBE THIS WOULD MAKE THEM LOOK AT THE CONTRACTS THEY HAVE AND MAKE THEM A REAL DEAL>

If it sounds to good to be true it probably is.
    We go to Mexico every year or the Carribean some place. If you can leave on short notices you can find some real deals.

I WILL NEVER look into a time share in MEXICO. There is NO way EVER to get your money back if they close up. And when they do go under they open back up under a differant name and all who belonged are out.Then they start all over again. This happened in Cozomel just a few years back.

6. MrHammy

MrHammy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was thinking of joining this year durign my visit but with everythig I read here i dont even want to talkto the salesman. they were pushy before but had a good product now it is not worth the the time to talk to them. greed alway ruins a good thing, at least i can keep my money were it is,

7. gottaski

gottaski Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +58 / 0
    'nuff said

8. nmarcks

nmarcks Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    You should just bug the living crap out of them until they acknowledge you with some proof.

Might want to ask for away to contact the BBG's legal staff that put the contract together. Ask them the same questions.

In all honesty I'm sure there is some vague writing about how they can change rules/perks as they go and they're only legally bound to keep there end of the deal for the "x" amount of nights part of the deal. I know that is similar to how my contract reads with my weeks. Basically all they need to do is provide me the weeks as stated in the contract. They go out of business intial cost is prorated back depending on what is left on my contract (I'm sure it would quite easy to get that money back :roll: )

We should all start a thread over on BBG's website forum (if its still up and going, haven't checked in a good six months). We may all get some more direct answers to some of our questions and worrys.

Nick and Renee

9. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I seriously doubt that Jim will get the answers he seeks at the BBG Board, they can't even answer general resort questions accurately over there. But I do think it would be a good idea to start a thread letting them know of all the "issues" that folks have, so other guests are aware as well as Management.

Michelle

10. SBFD337

SBFD337 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think there is two differnt memeberships going on....

There are old memeber ships that were given x# of days.... and state the days are equal to a certain point value for the purposes of RCI.... This is where you are being charged to convert your days to points..

Then there are the new memebership like mine and the people that have not been charged for the transfer..... where we were given a butt load of points and a certain # of weeks/yr ...... we use our weeks for our stay and transfer the points to RCI when we need them with no charge... except for the charge from RCI for what we are doing with the fees....
    Except they gave us the option where we can sell back our weeks for $500 each..... I tried to give back 4 of mine this year... expecting to have $2000 back in my pocket..... butt NO.... it is "if they sell them" hmmmm couple times when I was there this year supposedly they were sold out..... but none of my weeks were bought back..... Makes you wonder.... Just another marketing scam.....

Anyways......

Night all

Justin

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice