WATCH OUT PREMIER MEMBERS

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Jim and Kathy in Ohio, Jan 18, 2007.

1. nmarcks

nmarcks Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    That was kind of my point before. With all this business of raising A.I. costs and adding more cost to banking points its getting to the point that us members are kind of getting screwed on $$$$$$$ side of it. The perks are nice and that is exactly what they were when it started, PERKS. Now with the raising of cost its getting to the point that the members seem to be paying for the PERKS. So I don't know how much longer we can be calling them perks. When the couple next to you at the pool paid $1800 for there vacation and you as a member paid $2100 for a week. Not to mention the up front cost of becoming a member. To me it seems like we are paying for the added perks.

This A.I. fee hike is really getting to me. I don't even want to know what it will be in two years.

My parents have a timeshare through Interval International (through Paradise Village in P.V.) and I was going to use some of there banked points they had. Called Interval and had them run some A.I. fees for a few resorts (have to go A.I. since are drinking tab would be sky high for a week :) ) and these resorts were all near the top of the line. Made the BBG look like a Super 8 compared to the Ritz. Not one of there fees exceeded $85 a day. In fact many of them were around $55 a day. With no limitations on resturants or anything like that. I guess this is why the BBG A.I. fee is just burning me up. :evil:

Nick and Renee

2. xoie's omah

xoie's omah Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

3. NTBABY

NTBABY Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    RCI

Hi , Thought I'd throw my two cents in. I realize everyones package is different & RCI can be abit confusing at first; however we have found it to be very rewarding & cost effective. Maybe we have been lucky but we haven't had the problems or added charges that some of you have encountered. We are booked for 7 days at the end of Feb. with the following costs: AI - 7 days-$1260 airfare- $98 transfers- $52 (Brants) thats a total of $1410. When you add in the perks we feel this is a pretty friendly price.(our 1st trip to BBG in 2004 was $2300) There was no fee to transfer points for our flight maybe because it was under the 240,000 limit Jim had mentioned. timeshares don't work for everyone but so far it has for us,though i am concerned about the rising AI fees.Hope this has helped. Scott & Lori P.S. will be looking for fun-loving people to join us on the yacht the last week of Feb.(another RCI perk)

4. MignonA

MignonA Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello, can someone give me the phone number or email address I need to use in order to reserve a room at bbg? Or do I have to contact RCI and tell them that I want to stay at BBG in May? Thanks, any info would be great. It is a little disappointing to hear all this stuff about RCI as we bought in this past September. And it's hard to understand this contract.

5. Beverly

Beverly 2nd day member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yep, for our April 9-15th trip, we were also quoted the $90 a night per person. It has really went up over the last couple of years. We bought ours in 2004 and it was $62-68 per person per night, depending on what time of the year it was. This 90 a night is crap. And we're locked in for 20 years of paying that $476 prepaid all inclusive. (or until all our nights and weeks are gone)

6. nmarcks

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    I agree with you guys. $90 is way high for that type of resort. Like I said in my other post that is way out of whack for what the BBG is. The places I was checking were resorts similar to what you find in Playa del Carmen. Newer top of line resorts. All less then $90 a night for the A.I. fees. I don't mind paying for what I'm getting but I just feel the Blue Bay is not a $90 resort. I think they are much more of a $60 to $70 tops resort. When being compared to other resorts through out the Caribbean. These other resorts had like 8 resturants to choose from each night, huge pools, breath taking beaches, full room service, and the list goes on and on.

Does anyone on here belong to tug2.com ??????????
    I would be quite interested in the current A.I. fees charged around Mexico and Caribbean at other resorts. Maybe with that info. we could put together some type of letter or email to BBG with are concerns of them pricing people right out of there contract.

Nick and Renee

7. Beverly

Beverly 2nd day member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The only problem with that is that I don't think they really care. The premier already has your initial investment and if you don't use it, then they actually gain 2x.

I think that they have new people running it, cause when I sent my email to reserve my nights, it was a different person once again who replied. So I have a feeling that this is what's going on with the charging of the fees and the price increase on the AI.

8. nmarcks

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    You may be right, I noticed that when I got my A.I. fee list back. Sent my email too two different people and the names were completely different on the return. Never heard of either person.

Yeah they may not care about us because they got are intial investment. But we can control future sales of the program. Hard enough to sell timeshares the way it is, last thing they need is people running there program down. I've alredy recouped my intial investment so I'm not to worry about getting my moneys worth. I guess its more of the principal of it. If the fees of the other resorts come out to what I think they will be (unless they all took massive increases) it will be pretty easy to see that the BBG A.I. fee is out of line for that kind of resort it is. Yes those resorts I'm sure cost more to get into and have maintance fees but flip side is those should have much more point values to them which should offset most of the intial cost difference.

Bottom line here is I guess I would like a reason for about a $20 a night rate hike per person in one year. I can see a few bucks each year as warranted. I understand economics and business.

Nick and Renee

9. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Just wanted to say that following a conversation today I know BBG Premier are very aware of this thread.

Please dont expect a response here from them directly, but they are monitoring this and viewing it as valuable customer feedback. If you have any more thoughts that you want Premier Management to read then please add your views.

10. Jim and Kathy in Ohio

Jim and Kathy in Ohio Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Let me clarify, from what I understand.

There are four parties involved in the premier contract:
    1 - The Vendor - :devil: That is the premier club
    2 - Blue Bay Hotels - all of the Blue Bay resorts
    3 - The Operators - Such as RCI who will accept the premier nights in exchange for points
    4 - The member - this sorry a$$ sap who bought into the premier club (among others).

BBG sets their AI rate, independant of RCI, VENDOR,:devil: and MEMBER. It is what Blue bay wants per day per person. - Fair enought that's their rate love it or leave it.

RCI is a time share broker - for an annual fee (that I as an RCI member pay) they accept the points from the VENDOR :devil: and (for an additional fee) allow the member to use his/her points for other travel expenses. Fine, be an RCI member or don't, that's my call.

The MEMBER - can stay at Blue Bay resorts and pay the AI rate, can convert his/ser nights to points (using RCI or other approved OPERATORS ) for other travel locations and benefits.

The VENDOR :devil: (premier club) - is the greedy mother who is blatently ignoring the original contract, and is attempting to rip off The MEMBER.

I do not care what BBG is charging for their AI rate, I do not care what RCI is charging for their arifare. I can quit RCI and I do not have to go to BBG.[/b]

BUT I DO care that the VENDOR :devil: is holding the MEMBER hostage. Forcing the MEMBER to pay additional dollars to use the nights as The VENDOR initially sold to The MEMBER. THE VENDOR :devil: IS ALTERING THE CONTRACT AFTER THE FACT. HOW DO I GET MY MONEY BACK??

They have my money, and I have to pay to use it.

This is like the bank charging you to take your money out of your checking account!!

This is not a BBG or RCI issue, it is the VENDOR :devil: - THE PREMIER CLUB :devil: who is changing the rules.
    So, any future potential investors in the PREMIER CLUB :devil: had better seriously think before they sign. The rules have, and will, change and here is nothing the MEMBER can do about it.

This is my opinion from my interpretation of MY contract with the Premier club. Individual contracts may vary, I only have access to my contract. You may or may not be getting the same treatment from the premier club. I hope you are not.

Jim

P.S. If the premier club :devil: is monitoring this thread, I anxiously await your call, or email, notifying me that you have reversed the $200.00 charge to my credit card.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice