WATCH OUT PREMIER MEMBERS

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Jim and Kathy in Ohio, Jan 18, 2007.

1. Jim and Kathy in Ohio

Jim and Kathy in Ohio Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    BUT

In order to use my nights somewhere else I have to convert them to points, and now the ba$tardS want to charge me additional money to convert to points so I can use them at RCI??

I called RCI points, and they are not the ones charging for the conversion it is the premier club. Maybe they should change the name to the premier screwing club. Nobody can (screw you) like premier can.

2. nmarcks

nmarcks Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    You should call Premier and see if they say the same thing. I'm not so sure they have as much control over that side of things. I was always under the assumption that RCI was the ones in control of that side of things.

Steve hit the nail on the head with his post.

Nick and Renee

3. davejoshmd

davejoshmd Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Premier Member Changes

WHen did you join BBG Premier Membership. We joined in Apr 2001 This is news to me. I have just sent an email to BBG to get info on a trip and asked about any extra or new fees. Lets see what they tell me.

Dave

4. Beverly

Beverly 2nd day member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We have also previously converted our nights to points without paying a fee. Now they are trying to charge the 200 dollars saying that it is in our contract. After being persistant that there is nothing in the contract about a fee, Martha in premier told me last Thursday that she would pull the original contract and get back to me. Haven't heard from her yet. Sent an email today, but also no reply. She also tried to tell me that i paid the fee last year. Ah I think I would know if I paid it or not. And believe me, I didn't pay any fee. For either of last years vacations.

This is all BBG premier. Not RCI.

5. xoie's omah

xoie's omah Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Is this fee just if you transfer a large amt of points or for any transfer? We transferred pts in Dec with no fee, but we only did 80,000 pts.

6. Jim and Kathy in Ohio

Jim and Kathy in Ohio Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    any points.

They charged $200.00 and transfered 240,000 points. That's their rate - $200.00 for every 240,000 points. Now if I don't use all of those points through RCI this year, I have to pay a fee to them (RCI) to carry them over to 2008. Does this suck or what?

We paid the fee, I'm taking my contract down with us when we go down this year and you'll probably hear some screaming coming out of the premier room. No one will buy into premier club while I'm in there 'discussing' how they change the rules contrary to the original contract.

Jim

7. nmarcks

nmarcks Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Keep in mind one thing the BBG doesn't do that alot of other resorts do is maintance fees each year. So maybe they are trying this route to make extra money. Just a thought.

I don't know but after spending all that money it would be nice that they would at least keep us Premier Members informed on the BBG and Premier Club changes and happens. Just a newsletter three times a year would be great, or a dedicated website. I've been requesting this for years now and so has alot of other people and it just falls on deaf ears. When your there as a Premier Member they take great care of you. Any problems and its handled ASAP. Once you leave its like they don't even know who you are.

Nick and Renee

8. Beverly

Beverly 2nd day member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Kathy and Jim, when you guys going.

9. soonn

soonn Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Maintenance Fee or not, my 2 cent opinion is BBG is making plenty of profit with the AI fees the resort charges us. We paid a large amount of money for the membership, we should get more discount on AI. I have been checking, others could pay less if they book directly or through discount websites. We pay more as owners and members if we add the cost of our room to the AI fee.

What do you think of that ?

Please forgive me if I touch on a dead discussion, I am new here.

Soon

10. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    Everyone pays the AI regardless of whether they're a member or not. What you buy when you buy a membership is the rights to the room and the privileges, you're not buying the AI.

Our own contract (when we could sell it) worked out at around $20 per day for the room plus the AI per person on top. We always felt that what we offered was a fair price for a great service.

Now though, if you wanted to make the maximum amount of money what would you do:

Choice A - Sell a room for $20 a night offering premium alcohol and other privileges.

Choice B - Sell that same room for $60 a night and just provide the regular deal, but have the room availability limited because you've got members using them.

Choice C - Sell that same room for $60 a night, provide the regular deal and encourage members to use their points somewhere else to free up that room.

Choice D - Sell that same room for $60 a night, provide the regular deal, encourage members to use their points somewhere else to free up that room, and then charge them for it.

I love Mexican business!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice