WASHER(S) FOR SALE BY NEIGHBOR

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by T.J., Dec 30, 2008.

1. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My neighbors bought a new washer and dryer and want to sell either the new washer or his old one. First one sells, they keep the other one.

NEW ONE - $3,900 - STILL IN THE BOX - WHIRLPOOL - 10 KG.

USED ONE - $2,300 - 2 1/2 YEARS OLD - LIKE NEW - SAMSUNG - 12 KG.

IF INTERESTED, SEND ME A PM & I WILL PUT YOU IN TOUCH.

THANKS.

2. T.J.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Surely someone needs a great deal, having the option of a brand new in the box one or a nearly new one.

92 views of the original post and not a single reply. WOW.

3. jenleib

jenleib Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Same problem for me :cry:

83 people have seen my fridge, not a single answer, it is not possible that nobody has 1000 pesos and in need of a good fridge.

Actually I want to sell the other one too, a Mabe, 11 pies too (sorry, I don't know the correspondance in English), 2 doors, too, and 1000 pesos too. :wink:

The new one is already waiting for me at Sears, and I want to order the second one in replacement of the Mabe for the studio.

4. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    I think most people already have a washer and a fridge for that matter :) Also the main demographic of the typical poster here is that if they need a new appliance they'll go out and buy one. Wouldnt Novedades or a postcard in the supermarkets be a better way of selling?

Must admit I am puzzled too, why would someone buy a new washing machine and then look to sell it straight away at (presumably) a discount?

5. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    While we're talking about brand new appliances we want to sell I've got a brand new microwave I want to get rid of. Hubby got it as a giftie at the work Xmas party but it's not quite as nice as the brand new one we bought for ourselves a few months ago (ours is sexier). And so we are selling it.

There's a photo and more info here:
    http://yucatan.es.craigslist.com.mx/hsh/964825770.html

6. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Jenleib:

Please send me a pm or an email to contact you. I will check and may have a use for the fridge. jimincancun@hotmail.com

7. T.J.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Steve,

As to your questions, I understand that they really wanted a dryer, having already a very nice washer. At the new Mega they had a promo for a 2 piece Whirlpool, side by side, not a stacked unit, for only $7,650, a pretty much unheard of price for a very good brand name. They actually told me about them and I bought a set for myself.

They hooked up the dryer and want to sell the extra washer, which is a tiny bit smaller than the 2 year old model. Having a new baby they want to turn one of the washers into cash and being happy with the one they have, are willing to keep it or sell it and keep the new one. They just asked me if I knew of anyone who needed one and I offered to make a post about it.

And I would disagree that most people already have a washer. A frig yes but a washer no. That is just my opinion, but even if they do, there are always people looking for a bargain to get something better than they had. When I got my apt it came with a POS frig. I found an ad somewhere for a better frig, sold mine and bought theirs. Later I redid my kitchen and got new appliances and sold my perfectly good, but smaller frig to a gal on Isla who needed a bargain.

And even if someone is looking for a new washer or frig or whatever, sometimes the price is a consideration so everyone does not just dart over to Telebodega or wherever. Only the rich Brits. LOL

Maybe someone will buy one of these maybe not. I was just trying to help my friends.

Cheers to all,
    T.J.

8. jenleib

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I know (or assume) that you all have a fridge, certainly much bigger than mine, and if you need another one, you will buy it new.

But although every Mexican, even the poorest, has a TV or 2, I know for a fact they don't all have a fridge. So I was thinking maybe someone knows a maid, taxi driver or other person who would appreciate the good opportunity to get one cheap and working.

I stuck an ad yesterday in the streets and at Soriana, but my new one is already there, I was not expecting it so fast (do the Mexicans become professionals? :lol: or only Sears).

Jim, I am sending you an email. Thank you

9. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Neighbours. Do they know? If they won't buy, they will tell their friends about it.

10. jenleib

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    TJ, don't cry, I might be able to help you :lol:

I just sold my 2 fridges (from the ad at Soriana), to the same person, the family is settling down in Cancun, and they also need a washer. I told her about yours. Her phone number is 998 128 0817. Give her a call from me, her name is Elvia (of course they don't speak Spanish but I know you have the ressources :wink: . They called last night, came at the exact time we agreed on, and left with the fridges. So they are reliable.

They also need clothes and other stuff.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice