Was there a fire at the resort this week?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by taxial, Feb 27, 2009.

1. taxial

taxial Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey all, 1st time poster here, I'm not a troll, and I'm actually traveling to Temptations in Cancun in March.... I hate to stir up any rumors but we have somebody who is in the resort now and have heard that there was a fire in one section, an evacuation, and then people have been moved out of that section. I haven't seen any postings anywhere to confirm this but I did find this forum (btw... I did some reading first...you guys sound like a good time !!! ^_^)

Is there anybody who frequents this forum that has an ear to the ground at Temptations? Was there a fire? Please take this post with a grain of salt, I don't want to shoot down my credibility but this could be our friends at the resort sick idea of a joke, and all of sudden I get the people reading this worried too ..... I'm not trying to cry wolf, just looking for any information. Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this and reply, and if there was no fire it probably would be good if the moderator of the forum just removed this post to avoid any reader concern......

2. CraigandPatty

CraigandPatty Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just returned and yes, small fire on thatch roof of small restuarant next to the beach, It was a decorative roof with concrete below the thatch. The fire was put out very quickly. It did not spread and I do not think any rooms were damaged. The entire resort is cncrete with the only flamablels being the decorative thatch. No worries have fun.

CraigandPatty

3. taxial

taxial Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks so much for that info. I appreciate it. ^_^

4. tboyte

tboyte Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    The fire was contained to the Chinese restaurant. It happened about 5pm Wednesday night, so they were not open to guest yet. None of the restaurant staff were injured. It was caused by a short in the wiring and will be closed for awhile.

5. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    Does this bring back some good memories of an April fools joke from several years ago? :cool:

For those that are new.. several years ago one of the regulars started a post about a fire in the Italian restaurant. She made a serious post about the restaurant being severally damaged, several employees being hurt trying to put it out, and most of what is now known as Building 1 around the quite pool being damaged from smoke and flames. Others joined in collaborating the information and pretty soon the board was going wild.

People were calling their travel agents about canceling, others were sending emails of support to the staff at the hotel (and the whole time they are going WTF???? :shock: ), people were calling the hotel.. I mean it was going crazy. And it went on for hours. There were facts from several people here that would have known being backed up by others with connections but nobody else knew anything. We had the inside information that was not being shared with the general public.
    Like I said it was hours before somebody said.. Wait! Isn't today April Fools Day?????? :roll:

Oh we felt sick… :evil: we were taken to the cleaners, washed, dried, folded and put away in the drawers. Then once we realized that wait.. that means our vacation home is OK we all laughed and started parting again. :D

But I still remember how sick I felt knowing 45 days before our yearly trip that BBG was closing and we would be able to go…..

Jamie

6. FirmandSuz

FirmandSuz Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0
    That's funny. The first thing I thought when I saw this thread was that Michelle was back with a different screen name :p

7. Nurse Jackie

Nurse Jackie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    And Jamie if I remember right did you not get us all a few years ago with a April fools joke of your own....lol

8. Jamie

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    Yeah.. but unfortunately that one came true. :(

Jamie

9. J4

J4 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Didn't Karan start that one?

10. Jamie

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    Nope.. Michelle (Norm's Kid) did. :D

Jamie

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice