Warning.

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by paulmc987, Jul 17, 2021.

1. MikeandHeather

MikeandHeather Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,845 / 5
    “Times they are a changing…..” lots of terms used in lots of posts for the shift/change in demographics but the net result is the vibe is different. Maybe it’s stimulus checks, maybe it’s TTR marketing, maybe COvID made us less open or maybe all of “us” are getting old??? But perception becomes reality and this post is a bit scary (when Paul says he might cancel, that is pretty serious).
    Our trip in May was still great but we were lucky to be hanging out with a good sized group of really cool friends (new and old) which we think made all the difference. If it were just us I don’t think it would have been as easy to be free and fun, meet new people and just “not care” for a week as it used to be, hard to do that when the mix shifts and people are focused on other goals or have agendas they bring with them. Just our opinion and observations, want to say “hope” it gets better but hope only works for some ;)
    Maybe we will look at full takeovers or only go when we can get critical mass of people we know?

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  2. yesanddave

yesanddave Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +90 / 0
    Just a few thoughts.

1st most likely a guest, resorts like these are sought after jobs, and they have very strict rules what employees can bring with them and through checks on them when they leave. While the inside job is popular in the movies, it's not the most common answer in real life. This is supported by the fact that the cards were attempted to be used at Isla Mujeres, and not a more local area or downtown.

2nd on not showing the camera footage. Simple answer is most if not all resorts will not. I'm a member of a lot of resort groups that I travel to and that is a very common theme. There are many reasons why they don't show you their security camera footage.

3rd on the vibe being different. On this resort I can't say how it's changed as we are going for the first time over Christmas and New Years but we we at Breathless in August 2020, 2019 before that, and Secrets the vine in 2018 and Breathess Punta Cana in 2018. Yes, post COVID the vibe is different at all these resorts. I also see this in forums for other resorts. Breathless PC was great in 2019 Breathless Cancun was great in 2019, just meh in 2020. Even in 2020 it was the tale of two resorts. early and mid week is was great if not a little too quiet, maybe 20% occupancy. Friday and Saturday is was not a fun resort. Too many drunken, misbehaved, disrespectful people. A few reason this is occurring and why I think it will get better quickly. One people in the post Covid times are just looking to get out and have fun and have forgotten how to be social properly. Two, and most important, is cost of entry. In general, key work in general, people who go to higher end resorts tend to behave in line with that resort. In general people that go to resorts like Temptation tend be behave in line with the expectations of the resort. The problem many resorts are experiencing right now is this is not the general crowd, the cost of these resorts are a barrier to entry for many, most of the people who travel to these resorts right now are doing so at deeply discounted rates. Our 2020 trip to Breathless was less than 1/2 the price of the 2019 trip, that's why we went when we did. My wife is at Breathless now for a girls trip and it's not back to before but it has improved already. We decided to go at the end of the year impart because all deep discounts to get people to travel will be over and with the resort back at normalish prices it should be back to the normal crowd. Just go on Tripadvisor and look at this resort and othe resorts that are priced around the same price normally, you see a lot of the same posts. Old timers saying it's not like it was, and a ton of first timers. I've lost count how many posts of first timers at resorts complaining they got cut off from drinking and it's supposed to be all inclusive, experienced people know you have to be a serious mess to get cut off at these resorts, or people complaining they kept making them turn off their music at the pool. Experienced people would know not to blast their own music at the pool or if they do they stop after being told the first time. Most resorts have already stopped the deep discounts and the people who have booked are going through now.

I expect by September you'll see improvement and by November things are back to more like normal.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. kmontoya

kmontoya I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +133 / 0
    reading this, as other posts of theft make me sad! but thieves are everywhere!! cant stand them! We always lock things in the safe! we dont even take real jewlery anymore. I have never been worried about the cleaning staff, not even once! But im always nervous about anything of value in bag on the beds around pool. I dont know what they can or will do about your belongings but i hope they can make it right!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. Jirka

Jirka Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +181 / 0
    This is soooo sad to read :(, I feel just as mad as the OP, sigh. Good luck trying to set things straight over there in Cancun! Been away from this board for a while to read stuff like this :(

And its clearly not a first, people we know that went a month ago told very similar stories...
    The only power people have against this, is post reviews fck everywhere, with clear warnings in, in the style of “walk away”, “book something different” and “never again”…Personally I don’t see the hotel taking action anytime soon (I really HOPE I am wrong), pricing is high and occupancy is near full (at least at times when I check, in the hope they EVER let us Europeans out someday), so why would they!?

I do believe once the entire world opens up again, the guest mix will change automatically, hopefully for the better :cool:.

5. yesanddave

yesanddave Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +90 / 0
    Those are good practices for any tourist area. Sadily tourist areas are easy targets for petty theft. Another good thing for the pool area is to always secure your bag to your lounger. Most thefts are people casually walking by and picking up a bag as if it was theirs, they don't hang around and rummage through a bag. I have a little carbineer type clip on my bag to hook to my chair. Someone grabbing a bag d starting to drag a chair draws attention very quickly.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. T n B

T n B Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +260 / 0
    in both cases the culprits were single male guests. They caught them in both situations and got the phones back. And pool bags minus it’s contents. Hopefully the prices going back up will work out these situations. We ll definitely make use of the safe on our next trip.

7. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    Room number please.
    We know them well and know where the cameras are too!

8. Trish

Trish I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +675 / 0
    I like to view TTR as a nightclub. You're safe as long as you're doing things to keep safe. I've been enough times now, I've witnessed terrible things happening, and although you should never blame the victim, the bad stuff has always happened when they've not been keeping safe. Never take a drink from a stranger, tell security when someone is being a creep, it's all the safe precautions you would take at a nightclub. TTR is no different. I feel like that's the case wherever you go. Creeps are everywhere, you have to take steps to protect yourself.

With the theft, whenever I travel and there's a safe in the room, they obviously give you that safe for a reason. It makes me wonder what happened for them to have safes in the room in the first place. Always use the safe! My ritual now, soon as I arrive in the room, unpack everything and set up the safe with money, passports, the exit piece of paper they give you at the airport, and phones. Safe gets locked every time we leave the room.

Only thing I've had go missing at TTR was a silver necklace. It sucks because it was my favourite necklace. It held little monetary value but huge sentimental value, and I've never been able to find a good replacement. My wonderful husband, bless him, even had a jeweller recreate the necklace from pictures, at a substantial cost, but it just wasn't the same. It was my fault because I left the necklace in the back of a drawer, and we had vacated the room to check out on our last day. I went back to find it right before we checked out, but the maid had already been and cleaned the room out. That was my fault, but I'm still annoyed about that and it's been maybe 5 years since that happened.

Anyway, don't sour an amazing place because of a few bad apples. You get them everywhere.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  9. FakeNewsTeam

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13

Lol...so they then also steal your chair so they have something to sit on!

10. FakeNewsTeam

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13

Mike, thanks.
    Agree with what you have written, and also what most others have written.
    Yes we are still contemplating cancelling and weighing our options.
    I called @Steve in early to hear what he had to say or knew...not his responsibility but he has his finger on the pulse.
    And this sort of thing and negativity can/may affect his business!
    It is sad that a few bad apples, whether employees or guests, can spoil what was a great thing.
    I do understand the hotel’s (management and security) stance...an ongoing investigation of a crime...by the police.
    But, I believe that some type of response is needed from management.
    At least to quell the hysteria.
    We all need it.
    Of course, with the new business model, old guests can go and there appear to be pleny of new guests to replace us, and the hotel can change practices and charge, charge, charge for things that used to be included,
    Money grab, why not, it is a business!
    We miss Ismael (security) as he seemed to keep things under control as well as a go to guy.
    But he is gone.
    So much staff turnover there are fewer and fewer we actually know.
    Change is inevitable.

Monitoring and need to decide.

Safes are ok, but if someone has enough time or simple tools, the safes can be easily opened.
    I am brainstorming on hiding methods, etc. because we know our room so well.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice