Warning.

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by paulmc987, Jul 17, 2021.

1. C&LFlorida

C&LFlorida Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +236 / 0
    What has management had to say?? Have you posted reviews on trip advisor or google!??? This is our upcoming first trip. Definitely not the kind of info we’d like to hear. Especially, after so many good years of enjoyment from everyone. I would like to hear that something is being done about this right NOW. I expect management to reply. I’m sure they scour these reviews. I MEAN NOW!

2. Rock&Dealia

Rock&Dealia Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +295 / 0
    We have been three times now. The crowd was much different this time. More single men, more bachelor and bachelorette groups.

3. PhillipJFry

PhillipJFry Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    This is what we are worried about here (the theft and improper elicitation).

The resort should respond with what they’ve found in security footage and what they are going to do about it.
    I will definitely lock up everything, including tip money and phones (can’t bring anything down to the chairs by the pool I guess), until we feel safe and satisfied with the response.

Doesn’t @Steve have some connections to the resort? Can he ask around and report?

Ideally, the resort needs to be either couples only, or have a strict 1:1 M:F ratio (certain weeks could be excluded). Hopefully the Boobs Cruise isn’t just a bunch of bachelor parties, as well.

This will be our first time at TTR, but if we don’t feel safe or it feels like there’s a bunch of drunk bachelors looking to get laid by hot wives, we will find another resort.

4. LuNik9012

LuNik9012 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Wtf. Sorry this happened to you, definitely not what we want to read before our first trip. Hope management addresses the situation.

5. P&Cfunandsun

P&Cfunandsun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +198 / 0
    Call me cynical, but am I the only one that is curious about a post like this from a relatively new account with very few posts and no profile pick? Wasn't there a similar thread couple of years ago that turned out to not be quite accurate?

I am not saying this didn't or couldn't happen. I am merely suggesting caution is in order and that you should pretend I'm from Missouri and show me.

6. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,627 / 4
    I don’t know if it’s true or not. The way I look at all these threads, is it’s so easy, and so expected to be constant negative on social media these days. People act like the first bad thing that happened to them is the first and worst thing that had ever happened. Usually the bad is way overblown.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. FUNANDSUN

FUNANDSUN Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,134 / 1
    This is an angle that we’re wondering about as well. Definitely a possibility. We will be watching this thread in the coming days.

8. paulmc987

paulmc987 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    I can promise you this is legit. I have met several people from this site (Including Steve) at the resort and can verify. They used my Wife’s credit cards today. The only one we’re weren’t able to cancel. About $2500 in charges. They moved us from the plush jacuzzi room to the bash tower. They now claim it was another guest who did it but they won’t show me the footage. When security first arrived they checked the footage. They said that only 1 person went into the room. They said it was my wife and that she was wearing a dress. But nope. She was wearing pants. Then today, the GM said no one went into our room. Someone is lying. Only an employee would be able to take a big grey backpack out of our room and not be seen on camera.
    And by the way. I am waiting to see what the hotel does for us before going onto trip advisor. We figure we are out $12-$15 k between computers. Jewelry I pads phone. etc. I will be demanding no less than this amount in a check as well as a full refund or they will be hearing from my lawyer. We are basically going to have to file a claim with their insurance company.
    They have honestly tried their best to help us. Free spa treatments for the rest of our stay. Upgraded to Premier for the week. Free dinner on the beach tonight but we didn’t make it. We have slept for 7 hours in 3 nights because of this and didn’t want to go out. And it’s my 40th B day today! What a great way to spend it.

If we can get home tomorrow, we are leaving. Supposed to check out Wednesday but I can’t stand to be here another day. We have to call the US Embassy tomorrow.

9. LuNik9012

LuNik9012 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    That’s so messed up and scary. So do you think they left through the balcony?

10. paulmc987

paulmc987 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    If I knew how to post a picture I would show you the text from my bank about the card. All the charges were on Isla Maj island this morning. Most of them declined, from multiple cards but a few went thru.

I am new to this site because I didn’t even know this hotel existed 6 months ago. Once some of the people we have met here see this post, they can verify my story.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice