Warning.

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by paulmc987, Jul 17, 2021.

1. FIREandTAZ

FIREandTAZ Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +84 / 0
    On Another note, does anyone know the width of the sliding patio doors ?
    In case a person wants to bring a security bar

2. paulmc987

paulmc987 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Quick update for those who have been following this thread. After months of going back-and-forth with the resort as well as Corporate, we have finally come to a resolution. The official response from corporate was “ we cannot confirm that a crime has been committed because your belongings were outside of the safe and our rules and regulations state that this is outside of the resorts responsibility”.

This was followed by “however as a gesture of good faith, we are willing to work with you to provide you with compensation” We settled with the resort writing us a check for $2200.

While we are not over the moon excited with this response, we are still out lots of money and had our vacation ruined, but I do very much appreciate that they did anything for us at all. I was fully expecting that nothing would come of this.

So lesson learned for everyone. Keep your stuff in your safe because we know for a fact that this was an employee and let’s face it, at resorts like this, every employee has access to your room.
    Also, I would like to send a huge shout out to Jose who is the concierge‘s manager. He truly went above and beyond to help us and we will never forget that.

At the end of the day, the resort did everything they could to try and help us. And one bad decision by an employee should not tarnish the entire brand because this resort truly is amazing. I would love to say that we will go back one day And hopefully we will.

• Like Like x 12
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. JandTAZ

JandTAZ Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    I used to travel weekly for a former job and spent more time in hotels than home for a couple years. If I were in your shoes, I'd be ecstatic about getting anything from a hotel, especially one that is in a foreign country. Totally get you not being over the moon about it though. Sucks to have something like this happen when on a big vacation.

One thing I've done in the past for things that won't fit in a hotel safe is I store them in my carry-on. I have a hard sided Tumi that has a built-in locking system for the zippers. It can only be unlocked with either the 3 digit code or a TSA key. Its not fool proof, but it keeps things out of sight and does lower the risk of them being stolen.

4. wildchild

wildchild Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    Glad they did something.

5. FUNANDSUN

FUNANDSUN Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,128 / 1
    Thank you for the follow up. Appreciate that

6. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,603 / 14
    This is why Stacia only brings the costume stuff for "jewelry whiel in Mexico. CZ and crystals, and that's it. Nothing real. Passports int he safe at Allt imes, y'all. Once you check in, you will not need it again until you leave... and it's a majorhassle to deal with one disappearing while out of the country.

Glad it... sort of... worked out.

7. Zohan&Mama

Zohan&Mama Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0
    Things that make you go hmmmmmmmm…
    430 rooms and yours…… out of all the other room options just happened to be singled out at a time when all your valuables where not secured in the room safe. Can 1 let alone 2 laptops even fit in the safe?
    How would anyone know what was in your room and risk that you wouldn’t return while committing the break and enter.
    Obviously someone must have known the contents to single out your room but how would they know when the removed items were not secured…or the room was vacant……????
    What day of your stay at the hotel did this happen?

8. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,152 / 7
    This sad story has been more than confirmed. So nothing fishy there.

IMO someone could have came into the room at a previous time (cleaning, dropping fresh towels, delivering food, fixing the AC, etc. while the occupants were there), noticed they had a lot of valuables, and then targeted that room for a later hit. That's pretty much how a half-smart criminal would work.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. paulmc987

paulmc987 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Thanks Steve. We had room service delivered and left to go to bash about 30 minutes later. When we returned at 2:30am, our room had been dead bolted from the inside and the person exited from the sliding glass door. Security had to unlock the room for us. My briefcase backpack was taken along with my wife’s purse. Which was all locked in the safe earlier in the day. We had been drinking all day on the Boobs Cruise and forgot to put the stuff back in the safe before going out.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice