Warning.

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by paulmc987, Jul 17, 2021.

1. john_anne

john_anne Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    yeah - i went to the front desk and they had no record of it....i was just making sure i wasn't charged for it.

2. MikeandHeather

MikeandHeather Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,845 / 5
    I agree. Any of those things are possible (even more probable when alcohol is involved). Sorry for the losses the OP experienced and would not wish that on anyone but carrying on about a lawsuit that everyone on here seems to know is pointless, redundant and comes off like ??
    On a broader note I absolutely appreciate the heads up and the original post as it is another reminder that, at the end of the day, there is really only one person you are accountable for and to….yourself.
    Personal responsibility and accountability seems to be another lost art these days as everyone is looking for someone else to blame. The OP is comparing his issue to a rape victim???, C’Mon Man! It seems when we can throw out terms like victim shaming so easily just because someone gives their point of view on your post and you disagree?
    Dude, here is my opinion (and mine only): you left a bunch of shit…. $15K worth ;) ;) laying about in your room in a foreign country while out drinking all day, on a ground floor room, with easy access through a balcony and now it’s gone. Own it! Or at least some of it?

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 3
    • List
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
  3. tease

tease Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 2
    I feel bad for those that have things stolen but as with anything its up to you to protect your own things as best you can ,, when i was younger i lived in what was called a “ secure” building in a good area but yet someone still broke in took some things and it wasnt up to my landlord to replace my shit…
    This is just a good reminder for people that assholes are everwhere not the fault or where you are … doubt there are to many people that would/could afford a place that guarenties left will never happen or we replace your stuff policy…

(.Y.)

4. ctftcple

ctftcple Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0
    Thank you for the reply. We really appreciate it. Just trying to wade through everything as first timers and get a sense for what’s isolated, what might be becoming a trend, etc. You definitely put us more at ease. So have the others who messaged us privately. Very nice of everyone.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2021
  5. ctftcple

ctftcple Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0
    Thank you for the reply. We really appreciate it. You definitely put us more at ease.

6. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,163 / 7
    On a lighter note....The next warning I can provide is that it's better to sit on the balcony when your wife is getting ready, and then squint (so you can't see) after she is done and make your way STRAIT out the door, because when she looks this sexy before dinner, you might not make it out.

upload_2021-7-23_10-11-1.png

• Like Like x 14
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  7. yesanddave

yesanddave Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +90 / 0
    I would say don't cancel and just keep watching. Also look at other sources such as Facebook (FB) and TripAdvisor (TA). It's important to remember most people only post negative reviews and don't take time to write about the positive stuff. Some people also just have unrealistic expectations.

Issues right now are happening at every resort, more than normal, but still overall very low. The trend you see on FB and TA is already improving. More positive reviews but most importantly fewer negative reviews. Overall actual crime issues are low, most complaints are around experience quality, and guest behavior. Some things are different due to Covid and you have to be accepting of that. Every week it's getting more and more normal. The biggest issues is guest behavior and it's overwhelming first timers, and not first timers to this resort, first timers to resorts. A good number of guests at these resorts don't know how to behave because they never been able to afford a resort of this level before. Many people there now booked when they were trying hard to get anyone they can to come, and are paying less per night than I just paid at a Fairfield Inn near Detroit. Prices to book now have already doubled and tripled and that brings people are likely more familiarity with resorts and how to conduct themselves. That change over already appears to be happening.

The biggest problem I see now is people are booking these "cheep" trips not knowing what they are booking. On a Breathless forum some woman went off on the quality of the resort and 90% of her complaints was describing Breathless product, she clearly had no idea what she was booking, and did no research before booking or after. Things like the Boobs Cruise can be a bit polarizing. Overwhelmingly people enjoy it but there are some people that really hate it and will bash what happens as out of line for Temptation. In those cases are again not knowing what you are getting into. The Boobs Cruise is an off resort excursion not ran by Temptation. With that cruise people will see...things... and they do....things, but if those people do even the least bit of research they would know that.

As with most foreign countries, tourists can be targets. Just use common sense and you'll be fine.

The number one trend I've picked up on in the last few days, and I still fault the hotel for not enforcing their rules, is that the resort is actually very strict, but only act if they get a complaint. There are posts that people complain and the resort does nothing, but also a number of posts, like a reply in this thread, as soon as you say something to security or hotel staff, they quickly, very quickly, step in and stop it.

8. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,627 / 4
    I joined this forum back in 2012. While we didn’t make our first trip to TTR until a couple years later, I did read all the reviews. Even searching back to older reviews before that time.
    I distinctly remember reading then about how you needed to be aware of single guys, drunk people, and cameras that were out. I remember many post with comments about not letting your wife go to the restroom alone, be on your guard etc…

For whatever reason the present always seems way better, or way worse than the past. As if time erases all sense of perspective. While it really really sucks for the few that did have theft, or bad experience, to lump that in with a “new norm” is not likely what you’ll experience.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    We started the forum in 2003, even as far back as then the same issues were occasionally aired. Isolated incidents are nothing new.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  10. Mark and Staci

Mark and Staci I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,891 / 4
    Thieves are everywhere. Nothing new. Dont know why anyone would think a resort would be any different.

I do think there is an issue with the way the resort handled (or didnt) this.

My wife goes nowhere alone at any resort after dark, and the only things we dont lock up are thing we can afford to "lose".

Be aware of your surroundings always, and use common caution like you would in New Orleans, L.A, Chicago, etc...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice