Warning.

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by paulmc987, Jul 17, 2021.

1. bevy

bevy Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +657 / 1
  2. MandEOntario

MandEOntario Addict Registered Member

West of Toronto; Empty nesters with a hot tub
    Ratings:
    +2,673 / 4
    @Steve Interesting pic. Thanks for sharing. How possible is it that a security person(s) could be bribed or encouraged to look the other way? ... especially given the high value items that were stolen. Also many items could be easily hidden on one's person, tossed over a fence or to a delivery person/accomplice, etc ... are ALL workers and delivery people wanded/frisked in addition to bag checks? How thorough are those bag checks in any event? Not asking for answers from you on these questions, just reflecting on how vigilant, thorough and arms' length security services really are? Not just in MX, anywhere. Your understandable reflex is to protect the reputation of the resort, management, it's security protocols and ultimately your business, and to remain fact-based, while at the same time empathize and support members and patrons.

3. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    The inference I might be deliberately disingenuous for the sake of my business is something that doesn't really go down too well.

I wouldn't protect thieves no matter whether they were staff or guests. If they were staff, I'd want them gone too and would turn them in myself if I knew for sure. Same with guests.

I suppose it's possible. But I don't think it's likely. I am not 100% sure, but it looks like the black object front left and also the black object on the shelf are cameras. Anyone with access to CCTV (which includes higher ups) would need to be in on it too.

Suppose it's also possible also for the items to be passed on to someone else. Everyone will know that all staff wear different uniforms depending on their job. One of the reasons for this I am sure, is to designate areas of access. You wouldn't expect a maid to be down by the pool, and you wouldn't expect a bar tender or restaurant waiter to be in the vicinity of guests rooms.

All uniformed staff pass through the staff entrance as far as I know. The execs go through the main entrance.

I couldn't tell you how thorough bag checks are, but most staff members don't bring bags, so that would be unusual in itself. Some may bring their uniform in a bag, like the playmakers or the female concierges bringing heels and short skirt (that they wouldn't want to wear on the bus). Most arrive and leave in their uniforms. A personal phone and some small change for the bus is all that most bring with them.

I think Paul mentioned he was in a Plush Jacuzzi room. These rooms are very close to the public beach that anyone can access. It wouldn't surprise me if the person who accessed the room came from there and left the same way. Although I don't know if it was mentioned whether the thief gained access with a room key, via forced entry, or possibly via an unlocked sliding door. The answer to that, possibly, discounts that theory.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2021
  4. Fun4UsFinally

Fun4UsFinally Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    This is my 3rd trip but my girlfriend's 1st coming up in late August. After reading all this I'm really concerned that maybe it isn't the resort I've had fun at in the past. I hope TTR gets things straightened out quickly. I feel really bad for the couple that got everything stolen. Heck, people used to have parties on the floor and people would just walk from room to room. I guess those days are over. Sux!

5. M&MfromLA

M&MfromLA Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +581 / 0
    At the risk of resurrecting this thread, we read all of the comments and had a few thoughts.

First, anytime someone's room is broken into or items are stolen it's fairly stress and anger inducing. That's a violation of your peacefulness and happiness, especially on vacation. We're sorry that happened to you and empathize

Second, and this is for everyone, things like this are bound to happen anywhere. Logically we all know this but emotionally, when it's on vacation AND at a place where many of us consider a home away from home, we tend to attach a little extra bias to it. Hotel safes are easy to open but deter amateurs which is part of their appeal. A professional thief will thieve no matter what. An amateur operates more off of opportunity. Sorry to hear everything was out in the open in the room but for a any thief, that's a hard Temptation to pass up (no pun intended). Of course you didn't deserve it but it happened because it was likely made easier for them. Who knows how many other rooms they tried that day as well.

My wife Mexican. She LOVES her country, the people, the culture, etc but she's also the first to tell you..."when you go to Mexico, don't expect Mexican police to care or help you solve the crime." Sure, there are police assigned to the tourist zone with the specific responsibility to help tourists but when you start talking about their ability or Desire to solve a simple burglary, it's not there (as most tourists experience). As far as Temptation not releasing footage, that's pretty standard for most companies that have an active investigation going on within their property. Seems like they tried in good faith to make up for it with gifts, upgrades, etc. Still doesn't make up for the loss but it's something. Full refund would be great and I hope you get it but no one in America (lawyer or otherwise) is going to have enough juice to compel them.

Use the safe, take things that you are only willing to lose (I get it...that's not the right way to think but that's life) and be as aware as you can be. Good thieves might outsmart you but in the end, it's just stuff. We're all vacationing in a place that 99.999% of the world's population can't afford and we're lucky to just be alive. Plus, you get to see boobies all day long. Not a bad trade off.

• Like Like x 11
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  6. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13

We did just that!

7. HDM

HDM Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +586 / 0
    We went in September and October last year and had a blast. But we’ve heard from many the quality has gone down since April/may. A combination of cheap hotel rates abs flights, stimulus funds, a booming economy and lots of pent up horny younger people (especially single males) has changed the vibe at TTR.

Thankfully prices are going back up at TTR and no more stimulus funds. We are coming back December 2-7 and really hoping things are much better by then. We will also likely come in March 2022 with a large group takeover. But if TTR doesn’t up it’s game, we will definitely be looking elsewhere. We’ve been meaning to spend more time in Tulum anyways …

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. yesanddave

yesanddave Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +90 / 0

I really do think that's the case and in some other resort forums it does seem to be improving already, and in a couple like Unico and Live Aqua that didn't discount as steeply I'm not seeing nearly as many issue posts. I think this is a combination of people forgetting how to act in a social setting to some extent, and people going to resorts that they have no comprehension of the expectations. They read some of the marketing hype and none of the detail behind it. The reality is people staying here right now are paying well below $200 a night for all inclusive, many below $150. The is not lux resort pricing, that is Best Western and Howard Johnson. Hell, I paid more per night at a Fairfield Inn outside of Detroit last month. Where I fault the resort is they have an influx of inexperienced travelers and they are not enforcing their rules properly.

My wife is at Breathless Rivera Cancun right now and some man child threw a two year old temper tantrum last night because they don't allow tanks and swim trunks at dinner. He threw out the now classic "I paid a lot of money for this trip" and "this is all-inclusive". Yeah buddy, you paid next to nothing for this trip compared to what it would normally cost and "all-inclusive" does not mean do anything you want.

9. KANDJ

KANDJ Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0
    A couple of questions:
    Why would you expect the resort to pay for your belongings? Your property is NOT their responsibilities? You stated it was 100% your fault, but want someone else to pay? Doesn't make sense.
    Why would you bring such valuables on vacation?
    Why wouldn't you use the safe? You leave $9k+ out when you know people will be in your room? At the minimum, they will be in to clean.
    If this all truly happened, it sucks. But you need to take accountability and chalk it up to a life lesson. Make better choices next time.
    **I leave my car in the parking garage at the airport when we travel to TTR. I wouldn't expect the garage to replace or compensate me if it gets stolen. Especially if I didn't even take the most basic of steps and lock it up.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. Fun4UsFinally

Fun4UsFinally Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    I'm hoping the April/May/June bachelor/bachelorette wedding parties have subsided now that the prime wedding season is over. I guess we'll see next month.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice