Warning

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by feranna8577, Jul 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Donna & Tim

Donna & Tim I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,605 / 6
    All of TTR responses on Tripadvisor are pretty weak.

T

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    Yes I think so due to potential future legal actions and having to be in a non commited mode but also stating safety and support.
    They due seem to offer the captured information if necessary.
    But then again maybe a bit coy meaning they have the tapes and also witness testimony that contradicts the OP account.
    Who know???

3. K_713

K_713 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +58 / 0
    That's kind of what I was thinking. What made me suspicious was the lack of detail in general, i.e. the whole story sounds like it was supposed to have happened on Saturday, which as we know is not a day that the BC happens. And the whole thing about the embassy phone calls - I mean I can't even get an actual person on the phone when I try to call the local cable company, and yet this person has a direct line to some kind of problem solver at the embassy?

Also, you have enough money to bribe the police to get your husband out of jail, so why not just go to another hotel and deal with the situation, file reports, etc -- from a safe place? Why demand a different room? '

I'm not doubting that something like this *could* happen, but it sounds like such a soap opera it does make me suspicious.

4. r&a 1964

r&a 1964 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +669 / 1
    Sounds like a polite way to say the video doesn't match the story. I am not taking sides jest saying that's what it sounds like management is saying.

5. aggiemike

aggiemike Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0
    I smell lawyers involved in the Trip Advisor response. Look how long the hotel in LV has held their tapes from the mass shooting from public. We may never know what really happened.

One thing I have seen reinforced over and over on this site is don't be violent let Security do their job. Mexican Jail is no place you want to visit.

6. Neverfales

Neverfales Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +580 / 1
    Sounds like just a standard, canned response to a complaint. Could've been used if someone had slipped on the tile and sprained their knee. There are times when TTR (and every other resort) needs to invest in an English-as-a-primary-language translator who can pour over these statements (and every other piece of literature/set of instructions/menu in the resort) to make sure they look right. The language barrier sometimes makes these places seem like they don't care or can't help, and I don't think that's the case.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  7. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    Agreed!
    Great minds think alike ;)

8. funcpl27

funcpl27 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +917 / 16
    and does anyone else find it weird that someone at the US Embassy would tell her "they (the hotel) have to either change me to another room for the night with an additional lock or reimburse my night and arrange for a new hotel for the remainder of my stay"? That just doesn't ring true to me.

....AND I might add that even IF her story is true the only person who ACTUALLY suffered any physical assault is the guy at the front desk that her husband sucker punched. Even in her story the husband appears to have deserved to be arrested .... and any hotel would tell a guest who assaulted their employee to pack up and get out and would call the police. And IF the bribe part is true this is actually very fortunate for them since it sounds like the husband deserved to be arrested... even according to her own story.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
  9. LadynTramp

LadynTramp I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +420 / 6
    Possibly it was someone dressed like staff, but not truly staff. I have heard of that happening at other resorts in the Carribean. Glad that you're home safe and sound!

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. Ah861268

Ah861268 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 2
    Very skeptical on this story, the poster just came here to leave a "warning" but feels like she was either delusional or maybe it really did happen. But realistically, the resort would had called the police on the staff member and provided the couple a new room or another resort room.

The fact that they had to "bribe" the police feels false. Feels like someone trolling or wanting to get back at the hotel for not bending over to them. It's easy to add facts when only you know them.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice