Warning on vendor in Plaza Caracol, Cancun

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by rayv, Mar 17, 2007.

1. rayv

rayv Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    In November 2006 my wife and I stayed at the Hotel Riu Cancun for 2
    weeks. We had a very enjoyable time except that on 26 November we paid US$200.00 for a 25 inch round Aztec calendar, to a Snr Walberto
    Madrid at Locale 32 in the Plaza Caracol.

The price was to include shipping from Cancun to UK. We paid with US dollar travellers cheques and I have been sent copies of them which show when Snr Madrid banked them.

Unfortunately Snr Madrid has not sent the calendar to us.

I have been dealing with Snr Hector Ramo who is the Customer Relations
    manager at the Plaza Caracol (hramo@caracolplaza.com) who has been very helpful trying to assist me but still nothing has been sent by Snr
    Madrid.

If anybody has any ideas who I could contact to take this further it would be much appreciated.

2. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I edited the title of your thread to show that the problem is with a vendor in Plaza Caracol and not the Plaza itself.

It sounds to me like the Customer Relations Manager has been trying to help so I don't want people thinking there is a problem with the Plaza itself.

Hope it all works out for you.

3. lambert13

lambert13 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Are you protected by the bank or agency that issued the travelers checks? Not sure if there is such insurance, but it might be worth looking into.

4. jen***

jen*** Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It would be worth mentioning 'Profeco' to them and see if this makes a difference. It's like a consumer protection company (like trading standards I guess). If just mentioning it does nothing you could then actually take it up with them. They will assist you from the States, but sometimes just mentioning the word will get balls rolling.

5. Drewbert

Drewbert Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The only people Profeco don't scare is CFE. Profeco aren't too keen about getting their power cut off in retaliation.

So, yeah. just mention you're going to lodge a complain with Profeco and see if his attitude changes.

6. rayv

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The good news is the customer relations manager of the Plaza Caracol came through. He sent the piece over himself and sent me the FedEx shipping code so I could track it. It arrived after 5 days and is now hanging in my hall. :D

7. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Congratulations on the story having a happy ending.

8. MartinnVegas

MartinnVegas Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Do you have a pic you can share of the calendar?

I have a really nice one hanging on my wall too. Just wondering if it's the same one. I looks like a few weeks of work went into it.

9. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Great to hear it all worked out for you!!!

10. rayv

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have taken a picture but I don't know how to sumit it here ?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice