Walmart question

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by berries, Apr 24, 2007.

1. berries

berries Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Does anyone know if you can get the same brands of shampoo...conditioner...sunscreen etc at Walmart as you can in the U.S or Canada?

We don't really want to pack that stuff and thought we would take a trip to Walmart when we get there while waiting to check into the hotel...plus saves us weight in our luggage...

Thanks,

Maggie

2. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You can get many of the same brands, though not all. They do have a big selection of toiletries, no need to take up space in your bags.

3. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    For the most part you can but not all brnds.

I'm sure you can find something that will work for you. Wal-Mart has a great selection of toiletries.

4. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    The hairdressing shop at Walmart stocks lots of the more expensive brands that you might not necessarily find on the shelves in the store.

5. lucymx

lucymx Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    does anyone know if walmart stocks hair straighteners? comin over from scotland for 2 weeks in june for the first time and the thought of frizz for two weeks is awful!! xx

6. Naoautorizada

Naoautorizada Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  7. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    Yes, you can get hair straighteners at Walmart. Remember that it's different voltage in Mexico than the UK so your straighteners from home would either not heat up properly or might not work at all. If you do buy straighteners here then due to the same voltage change they may overheat if you use them back home, so watch out for that.

As for calling or emailing Walmart, I cant see that being anything but a waste of time.

Firstly, unless you can speak excellent Spanish you'd be hard pressed to find someone who understands your question either written or verbal. Even if you could find someone who understood, they'd probably either not bother replying or make something up at random that tends to be the way here with pretty much any kind of service related query.

8. Naoautorizada

Naoautorizada Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Maybe so -- and then maybe not.
    I sort of thought you might be right, but hey - there's nothing like PERSONAL EXPERIENCE to really know, now is there?
    So I wrote to WalMart -- as you can see, at 2:07PM yesterday, using the interface I posted, and would 'ja look at that - a reply IN ENGLISH by 11AM the next day.
    Hell, that's better than they do in the States, where WalMart is God.

9. lucymx

lucymx Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thanks a lot for ur help!! got straighteners here but knew they wouldnt work so thats y we thought walmart would be our best bet for gettin a pair over there!

thanks again!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice