Walmart in Cancun

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Nerd Dawg, Apr 4, 2007.

1. Nerd Dawg

Nerd Dawg I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Did anybody actually go to wal-mart while they were in Cancun?

did you guys like it, did it smell like fletch claims that it did

2. UKLAD

UKLAD Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i went, it was fine no smell!!

3. Nerd Dawg

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i went there to and it was huge, the ciggs cost only $20 a carton which was a good deal. to me it smelled like pizza though, not sure if its just me or if it really did smell like that

4. Naoautorizada

Naoautorizada Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    In all of our trips since the Walmart was built, our itinerary always includes stopping at Walmart on the first day for big jugs of clean water and lots of 'snacks' to populate the cupboards and mini fridge in our suite. Were I to be a drinker, then probably alcohol would be part of the buy from that area (across the street) as well.

I did not detect any foul odors - or discernable odors of any kind at the Walmart in Cancun - but who knows, Fletch may be more sensitive in that area than I.

What surprised me a LOT was that it was really difficult to find an English-speaking person working there. It struck me that the percentage of the Walmart population that speaks English appears to be actually lower than the general Mexican population of Cancun and far lower than the population engaged directly in the tourist trade.

Since the packaging on so many items is unique in Mexico (i.e. different than you'll find in the US or elsewhere), it will pay to become familiar with the Spanish names for the commodities you expect to purchase there. Otherwise you may not find them without a translator, and its very possible that you may not find someone there to help in that regard.

5. Nerd Dawg

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

the ciggerettes were located at the "customer service desk", so i had to stand there for at least 30 minutes until the lady finally called me up to the line. It was kind of frusturaiting because she kept on calling up the mexican people and skipping over me. Then finally some lady told her that i need to go before her, and she called me up. And nobody there speaks english at all. Its a little bit frusturating.

6. trigger2002

trigger2002 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    we sat on bus for 30 mins around about from our hotel and was told to get off after a while with no sight of walmart i think we was entering a ghetto where we would have been chinned because we where outsiders :lol:

7. Nerd Dawg

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    yea, its about 30 mins away from where all the clubs are at, it was next to sams clubs and block buster i think. When i got off the bus stop i didnt notice it, but then i looked to my left, and it was there hidden by all the trees

8. trigger2002

trigger2002 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    we prob went way past it because our hotel was by laboom so we was so far into the city

9. hw711

hw711 Moderator/Dance Machine Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Trigger, I know how to you felt.

10. Nerd Dawg

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hey trigger who was that guy you were with when i saw you at the city, is he on the board

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice