Walking around with camera and zoom lens

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Viva' started by iowa farmers, Feb 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Msnisha

Msnisha Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Let's get something straight here. This is my original inquiry:

" I would like to know where exactly on the premises are pictures not allowed. I'm a professional photographer and I like to take pictures of my wife while we are on vacation and I'd like to get photos of her on the beach and on location at various other spots that may catch my eye. I'm no creep and couldn't care less about sneaking a picture of a person I don't know, but I also don't want anyone giving me the side-eye because I'm walking around with my big DSLR Camera with zoom lens."

No where in there does it say I wanna take pictures of strangers. In fact it explicitly asks where are cameras not allowed so I'd know. Also I explicitly explain that I only want pictures of my wife. Iowa Farmers decided to take what I said out of context and confront me about it. So she was told what to do with her opinion. Iowa Farmers truly has no reason to be acting all butt hurt right now because I made an honest inquiry.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

2. Mark and Staci

Mark and Staci I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,891 / 4
    While we are at GOV from Feb 27-Mar2, you can take our pic all you want. Matter of fact, after about 3 margaritas, my wife will most likely insist that some stranger taker her pic!! HAHAHA

3. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    With the clean ups over the years that number is only about 1/3rd the actual number. But you would be surprised at the number of posts I have typed and then deleted before posting. :)

I'm not prejudice, I read all the new posts just to see what's happening where. Never know when something good comes up at another location. And I haven't posted a lot a for the GOV because I figured I'd let it settle before getting wound up about it.

But this subject is universal so I thought it would be OK not to resist.

And I'm thinking the opposite direction than you on where to go for no pictures. Desires has a no camera policy period. Don't want pictures, go there. :)

And why does every guy think that any guy at a resort is automatically going to take pictures of "his" wife. With 200 women at any one resort at any one time, there might be 5 would that are strangers to them that would be ones that any individual guy might be tempted to take a beat down to have a picture of.

I solve that problem by getting to know ALL the sexy women! :)

Jamie

4. jayk59101

jayk59101 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Fine Line

as far as I am concerned everyone has the right to photograph their vacations wife on the beach, facilities etc.... but one should use common sense as well, we all know when were doing something wrong....be respectful of others, just cuz someone has a camera don't make them a creeper... however if someone is sneaking around taking photos and being a perv for his spanktra vision at home then they shall be dealt with by whatever means necessary..... one time on a cruise we were on we were sunbathing topless on the upper deck when it was allowed some old guy was going thru with his camera and taking pics, my husband POLITELY asked for the film, the guy told him to Piss off and mind his own business.. problem solved old man lost his camera overboard... sucks for him.. but just saying common sense people.

5. scottydog

scottydog I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,106 / 2
    I'll grant the point that there are a few idiots who get their kicks taking pics of things they shouldn't. If these idiots are so willing to break such an obvious social taboo like voyeur photography, then breaking a no camera rule would probably only add to their perverted sense of sneakiness...and make it even more fun for these introverts. If I'm on my way to take a walk down the beach at sunset with a quality digital SLR camera and you start up with some loud BOOOs, then I'm going to keep walking as I think to myself that some people should learn to be a little more respectful. Save your BOOing for the voyeur who takes sneaky pics of women he doesn't know...not a dude from Wisconsin who wants pics of a sunset over the Caribbean and a few shots of friends having the time of their lives around the Sexy Pool. I don't want pics of people I don't know...just landscapes and friends.

6. yvr1

yvr1 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    What kind of zoom lens do you guys recommend for someone wanting to take photos from, say, a 10th floor balcony? Should I bring my tripod?

7. jayk59101

jayk59101 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just bring my camcorder... stills aren't nearly as sexy as video... plus you get to catch the entire scene before they know their gonna be an internet sensation and after..lol j/k

8. Msnisha

Msnisha Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Make sure your camera is Wi-Fi connected to your cellphone hot spot so that your pictures are automatically backed up with each shot taken. That way when the big scary body guards come to ask you to delete the footage, you can just oblige and make them feel awesome.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

9. iowa farmers

iowa farmers Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +995 / 10
    i think GOV just got a lot more credible with this fun but controversial thread. lol The resort is potentially a much bigger crowd than TTR, so enforcing a camera policy is going to be near impossible. The original concern came from KS couple probably from reading some recent trip reports where people with cameras were taking pictures of the few topless women there. KS couple has since just cancelled their stay at GOV :( for various reasons they did not like. Cameras may have been one of them. So this thread we agree is all for not. LOL were ready to have fun, cameras or not!..:flash:

10. JanScott

JanScott I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +113 / 1

OMG!!! Can they put that on the internet?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice