Wal Mart in Cancun

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by amers, Mar 15, 2009.

1. amers

amers Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    When we are coming to Cancun next week, our friend wants to stop off at Walmart. I am just curious how to get there, like the bus number to take, things like that. Thanks for the help!

2. Zibbyzap

Zibbyzap Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I read somewhere before that you can take the R-1, R-2, & R-15 buses to Walmart. The bus will have Walmart written on the front or on the windshield. You will have to get off of the bus and walk a little. The bus doesn't stop directly in front of Walmart. We have always asked the driver to let us know which stop it is. But you will be able to see the Walmart sign off to the left and you can get off the next stop and walk towards the Walmart sign. Perhaps somebody with a little more geographic savy can give you more defined directions. LOL!

I also saw in the Breaker's Forum that the buses are now 7.5 Pesos (approximately 75 cents).

A word of thought also... Rivergirl posted this a while back. The baggers at Walmart are not paid a salary. So please tip the person bagging your items.

www.cancuncare.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=39354&highlight=baggers

3. Mojito

Mojito Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    DO NOT TAKE THE R1 BUS!!! It won't take you to Walmart. Take the R2. It can be difficult to see the Walmart from the bus stop. When I was new to the area, I would say to the bus driver: "Walmart" when I got on the bus and then just sat near the front. The bus drivers always seemed to make certain to tell me when I was at the right stop. Once there, make sure you go to the back of the store and get a refreshing agua frutas...delicious!

4. jwcork

jwcork Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The R-2 bus will take you over there. I just took it last week from the Sun Palace. It was a bit of a ride from there (nearly an hour), but everyone is right---the bus will say Wal Mart on the front.

I made the stupid mistake of assuming the bus would go right to Wal Mart but it does not, as others have said. You can see the tall Wal Mart sign off to the left a little before the stop. It was a couple minute walk from there. Definitely mention it to the bus driver. I didn't and we almost missed up. Luckily, an older lady on the bus came out of nowhere and asked my girlfriend and I if we were going to Wal Mart. We said "yes" and she told us to get off at the stop.

Crazy place...we were there at like 11pm and there were tons of cabs, and people shopping still. Much busier than our Wal Mart here in NJ. But we got a few essentials very cheap which was good.

5. GONZO

GONZO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We usually just go the Commercial Mexicana right across Tulum from the bus depot. The prices there are the same as walmart (some things cheaper, some more expensive) within a few peso's anyways. Then all you need is a R-1 bus. Its the stop just after the Government Center and just before McDonalds. Less taxi fare back to the HZ also. They arent waiting like at Walmart but easy to flag one down outside the store.

We do make one Walmart trip for our coolers and coffee maker.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice