Visual beach Report

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by bncancun, Dec 22, 2006.

1. bncancun

bncancun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I wnet to Playa Chocmool (The one behind The Hard rock Cafe) and saw that El Mar is showing the rocks again.
    It was always my favorite place to go and just meditate. But affter they pumped in the false beach the waves were not breaking on the rocks and my peacsul place was given way to tourism.
    now it is back and the waves are slapping the rocks once more giving me back my place of natural tranquillity. :cool:

2. lambert13

lambert13 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I might be in the minority, but I am glad to hear that. I always liked the contrast of the rocks, sand and water there. Glad you have your spot back.

3. cancuncouple

cancuncouple Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +58 / 0
    Hey Lambert, Bn, your not in the minority, we love sitting on the rocks. (There is sometimes good snorkling if the water is calm.) We stay at Salvia and it was great just to sit on the rocks and listen. We have not been since Wilma, but plan on May. Truth is, we have been twice since Wilma, but went else where because we have no rocks to sit on at Chacmool. If Bn see's this, are the large rocks/ boulders showing yet, or is it just the tops?

4. bncancun

bncancun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Nope my friend they are 90% back and thank goodness. Staying at the Slvia would be perfect. You can enjoy the ocean lapping up on the rocks and have a romantic time cuddling with some Champagne.

5. krazymatt

krazymatt Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Does anyone know what the beach has done south of there? When we were there last, back in late may-2006 at the Hilton there were lots of shells, and about a 1 foot bank or step. What has nature done since then to the beaches?
    We were there about a month after the Jan De Nul company had left. Thanks... :cool:

6. lambert13

lambert13 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sounds like you would like one of my other favorite spots down there also. At Xel-Ha there is a turtle hatching project that is part of the park, but its out of the way enough that nobody seems to go there. You have to walk down about a quarter mile path through the jungle, but at the end it opens up to my favorite beach in that area. The beach itself is not suitable for swimming (hence the lack of visitors), but it is beautiful, natural rocky beach as far as the eye can see. The park installed benches with coverings over them at far apart intervals to sit on and take in the sights and sounds. I will try to dig up a photo if I can. It reminds me of Chac Mool but on a much larger scale. The only downside is paying to get into Xel-ha.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice