Vet in Yukatan badly needed

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Farrkhar, May 31, 2015.

1. Farrkhar

Farrkhar Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi guys and gals!

I'm new to this forum so fist of all I would like to say hello :) Together with my partner we're driving South to Tierra del Fuego from California, so we're not exactly living or planning to live in Yukatan, but we have an urgent business there...

We've adopted a cute Rottweiler in Baja California Sur and from the very beginning were planning of taking him with us back to Poland. Originally we were planning to come back somewhere in 2016 or 2017, but we've just learned that we have to fly back in mid-July. And in order to take the dog with us we need to have it microchiped and blood tested.

We're currently in Guatemala and probably could do all that stuff here, but the problem is that it is considered a high risk rabbies country, which means that we have to wait at least 3 month after the blood test before we can travel to European Union. Thus we'd rather have the documents done in Mexico as it is a 'rabbies-controled country' and thus there is no need to wait after blood test.

The dog has all vaccinacions needed (done in January), has been dewormed twice (in Jan and yestarday) and is healthy. All we need is the documentation...

Can you recommend a vet in Cancun (preferably) or Merida or anywhere between these two cities and Belize? Has any of you done this process? Here we were told that it is the blood test that takes the most time, anything between 2 and 6 weeks, but they send the samples to US as there is no certified lab in Guatemala. I'd assume that if Mexico has one it could be done faster.

Any input will be greatly appreciated!
    Cheers!

2. CancunMole

CancunMole Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice