Very important question for me! Thanks all in advance!

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Cancunscorpio, Jan 14, 2009.

  1. Cancunscorpio

    Cancunscorpio Enthusiast Registered Member

    Aug 12, 2006
    Likes Received:
    Playa del Carmen
    +12 / 0
    Last edited: May 16, 2011
  2. RiverGirl

    RiverGirl Guest

    +0 / 0
    In theory you could apply to become a Mexican after two full years of living in Mexico. Then the process of becoming Mexican could take another two years.

    You'd have to get an FM2 as soon as you move here. And once you've held that FM2 for two full years you can apply for citizenship by marriage.

    In Cancun Immigration doesn't usually grant FM2s to people in the beginning, usually they try to make you get an FM3 first. But legally you can get an FM2 without ever getting an FM3. So if you plan to live in this area you might try getting your FM2 from a different office than the Cancun INM office.

    If it were me I would talk to the famous immigration lawyer Mauricio Mendoza about this before doing anything.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice