Very different this time. Restling Trip report

Discussion in 'Golden Parnassus Forum' started by Restling, Dec 8, 2014.

1. andy and sherri

andy and sherri Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0
    After staying at Temptations in Cabo and Cancun we are booked for my wife's 50th birthday here the 12th thru the 19th of Feb with a little group. So let the count down start till the party begins.

2. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,628 / 4
    I can't really answer the questions.

1. I usually just asked for whatever was in the blender. I'm not real picky, and I don't know what is considered top shelf. I do know next time, I'll get a bottle of captain Morgan, because whatever they had with my rum and coke wasn't good. Not sure if I would have asked for something different if they would have accommodated. I just moved on to another drink.

2. No idea about the lagoon cruise.

3. WiscHunter

WiscHunter Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello Silver&Gold. Wife and I will be at Golden Parnassus for a week starting January 31. First time to this resort. I have read many positive reviews and of course a few negative ones. Anything that stands out that we should be aware of? We have booked a ocean view club room and requested either a 5th or 6th floor level room.
    Thanks,
    Steve

4. Restling

Ratings:
    +1,628 / 4
    6th floor will be an upgrade in price. 1-5 are the same price. You are correct in asking for the highest floor possible. Anything 4 and up is fine. Lower floors can sometimes have obstructed views.

5. StewKris2000

StewKris2000 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Great report!

After reading this one, we are going to try to book here for sometime between late feb and early april. does anyone have any suggestions which time is better? I know college spring breakers will be out in force in March, wonder if any of them will be invading the Golden Parnassus?

6. WiscHunter

WiscHunter Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What is the difference from floors 4 & 5 versus the price change for 6th floor?

7. Restling

Ratings:
    +1,628 / 4
    From what I hear it's about $50-75 extra per night. About the only extra is a whirlpool tub in the room.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
  8. tropez

tropez Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +197 / 1
    Thanks for the report. We have been to both Desire resorts and my wife wanted something a bit different this time (not as sexually oriented) so we're looking at GP in June 2016. That plus we've never stayed in the hotel area of Cancun with quick access to nightlife like Congo Bongo, etc could be fun. We may turn it into a group trip or just keep it between my wife and myself but I will let her decide that. It sounds like a perfect fit so far.

9. NanMik1025

NanMik1025 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you for the trip report. We are going in mid-May for the first time.

10. Patch

Patch Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    We thoroughly enjoyed the Golden and was plenty action for us.. went mid november and met some wonderful people.. everything mentioned on this review is correct..

The Golden is Low key alternative to TTR. Not the spring break environment and more refind for the mild wild side .

Jose is amazing along with the entire staff.. looking forward to April.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice