Very different this time. Restling Trip report

Discussion in 'Golden Parnassus Forum' started by Restling, Dec 8, 2014.

1. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,628 / 4
    After a good trip in 2013 we decided to go on another vacation. Details of that trip are here

Quick background, we are 44, have two kids (20 and 14) The 20 year old is very "special needs" so solo vacations are not something we get to do much at all.

We liked the GP last time so booked it again same time. 11/28-12/3.

Last trip we spent most of our time just hanging out on the nice beach during the day, only to be interrupted by Steve's Boobs Cruise. The plan was the same for this trip, but the cruise was at the end of our stay, so it meant more beach days in a row. It was quite windy there this time, and we quickly figured out the beach wasn't going to be the best location. They do entertainment stuff by the pool, and we weren't there for any of it last year, so that was a nice change of pace as we headed to the pool area.

Having never been to Temptation or Desire I can't really speak for them, but I have read every TR on here for the last two years, and I would guess to say the atmosphere during the day is more laid back like Desire, without the nudity. There were a few topless on the beach, and around the pool area.

They start out with some yoga at 9:00, and then some trivia at 10:00. The trivia is usually music related. At 11:00 they start with volleyball in the pool and beach. You can pretty much get a beach game going anytime you want. They also keep the music going pretty good during the day. I choose to watch the beach volleyball from the comfort of the large hot tub nearby. We did do the water volleyball each day. At 4:00 they have tequila water volleyball.

The sun is down behind the large neighboring hotel at that point, so in the cooler time of the year, that pretty much ends pool activity. People then either get ready for dinner, head to the hot tub, or straight to the Tiki bar. We did all three at different days.

They have a buffet for breakfast and lunch, a grill for lunch by the pool, and four other restaurants. Dress up place that we never went, because we didn't want to dress up. Asian that we didn't go to, because my wife doesn't like that food. Steak place that was real good, and an Italian and Sea food place that was real good. We are not food people at all, so we were more than happy with the choices.

After dinner they would usually have some early evening entertainment. One night it was karaoke, which is always a lot of fun, and they have a pool party that results in some pretty sexy games during the couple contest. I wont spoil what happens.

During that time, and after, people head to the Tiki bar for the night where the real entertainment happens. It's a nice outdoor bar by the pool and beach. Last year it was fun, but a pretty tame crowd. Just some random flashing. I had heard that it used to be more intense, and this year lived up to it. There were a few gay and lesbian couples around, a small group of swingers, and everything else in between. Everyone mixed in with no problems.

The bartender Jose is a riot, and keeps the place moving all night. He is a big fan of body shots and flashing, and they were done quite a bit each night. The girl would lay up on the bar with her legs on the columns holding up the roof. Most would take off their shirts, and have a lime in their mouth and between their legs, and Jose would pour tequila down her legs, stomach, boobs, and anywhere else. You would see girl on girl, guy on girl, and some girls on guys. Pretty much no rules. The swingers were extremely wild, and brought their own sex toys to the party, and one girl had another one working on her with it for about 5 minutes while she leaned on the bar. It was interesting to say the least, but didn't really affect the party. People either watched or ignored depending on level of interest. Really no pictures were taken this year as people just didn't have the cameras out. While one of the body shots was going on someone grabbed a camera. Somebody mentioned something, and we never saw one the rest of the time. Definitely allowed the women to loosen up. Never saw any security present at anytime either, even when we were in the hot tub naked at 2:00 a.m.

The music is nice too because you can play your own Ipod there. I brought mine, and it resulted in my wife dancing on top of the bar with a few 26 year olds.

The grill stays open until 6:00 a.m. for those craving a late night burger, dog, or grilled chicken.

We decided to skip the Boobs Cruise this year because the weather was forecast-ed to be bad, and based on the night we had, I'm glad we did. Nothing against the cruise, because it was a great time, but the Tiki bar was crazier than our last cruise by far. I would have had no regrets either way. When it rained that day interrupting the outdoor activities we got them to open up the bar with the karaoke, and killed time doing that again until dinner.

I guess that's about it. Relaxing place during the day with a night life that pretty much could be anything goes. Good music, drinks, girls doing body-shots, dancing on top of bars, and a hot tub that doesn't close nearby for after hours adventures makes this a fun place. We would definitely like to go back and do it again.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
  2. bothplayful9

bothplayful9 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for all of that! Seriously, because this is going to be our first time out there and we're not really what to expect. Your report gives us a good idea of what to expect, again, thank you! And we're excited to see what unfolds while we're there.

3. Restling

Ratings:
    +1,628 / 4
    No problem, I got value from all trip reports I read. It's interesting how people look at the same thing different. One persons relaxation is another persons boredom. I like the pace if going slower thru the day, and saving energy for after dinner, and thru the night into the morning. This place is more geared toward that.

Just have fun with the staff. Denise does a good job, had a great personality and an incredible butt. I like the corny trivia games they do during the day. To each his own I guess.

As for the place not being social that I read on a different thread, I completely disagree. We are not that out going, and found people to talk to the entire time, and actually made good friends with a two couples that were half our age.

You can sit in any stool at the tiki bar and strike up a conversation, and see where it goes.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2014
  4. 68Stang

68Stang Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thanks for the trip info. We have been flipping from GP to TTR... we will probably flip a few times more before we pull the trigger one way or the other.

5. Restling

Ratings:
    +1,628 / 4
    I forgot to add we used the airport transfer that Steve advertises on this site. They were on time, did a fine job, and were cheaper than who we used thru Orbitz last year. Only downfall of the transfer is they like to pick you up three hours before your flight. We just have carry-on luggage, and with no baggage check in we have a lot of waiting for our flight.

6. vodkatonic

vodkatonic Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +197 / 0
    hey ....gona give a few of my words here about GP.....as we are etting close to our mid 50s we just dont have it in us to party like they do at TTR 7 days straight.. BEEN 4XS love it BUT,,,,the body and sole just aint what it use to be ...we went to GP last (2013) for xmas and we had soo much fun mind you there was some familys there being 21 and over, our kids came with there gfs n bfs even mom n pops and they are in there 80s ....BUT next time we go Mrs and I,,,,,no family,,,,,from room service to bar service to the dinners lota fun, no cheap drinks, would go back if price is right TTR is still cheaper for us BUT...... who knows ..............cheers

7. silver&gold

silver&gold Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Glad to hear you had a great time, we struggled with the tiki bar. It has limited seating so if you didn't get there soon enough you were left standing, which we didn't care to do late at night. We would stay a short while with the standard bar activity seen in the states so we would end up leaving looking for something more interesting. If it could accommodate a larger crowd I could see potential.

8. WiscHunter

WiscHunter Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    First time to Golden

I have read many reviews on the Golden. Wife and I will be at the Golden starting January 31. Many positive but several which raised questions.

1 - Is there top shelf liquor upon request?

2 - We upgraded to the ocean view club room. Is the Lagoon cruise a lunch or sunset cruise?

Thanks in advance
    Steve

9. SNHcouple

SNHcouple Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Interesting review, thanks very much.. Dancing at night - would a husband pulling his wife's dress off leaving her dancing in a G-string and pasties (it happens!)be acceptable with security? We would love the Paty-O's experience on the big/beautiful beach of Cancun.
    Thanks

10. Restling

Ratings:
    +1,628 / 4
    That'a a good question. Last year, or some time ago , when the Oasis Viva was getting all the attention from Temptation folk, I asked why don't those people try GP? It seemed to have everything people were looking for. Nice beach, hot tub, and no strong armed security presence putting a stop to things.

I only have two trips there, and the latest one was definitely wilder than the first, so I don't have a wealth of knowledge on it, but I have talked to many who have been there a lot. Having said that I didn't feel there was anything stopping people from being wild the first time. It just took the right people.

So to answer your question, I don't think what you asked would be a problem at all. There is no security walking around the bar, and the bartender encourages exactly the sort of thing you are talking about. I'm mean if a lady can have a vibrator used on her, at the bar, on two of the nights we were there, than dancing with pasties on would not be a problem.

Some people have commented on here that the people around the TIKI bar are just too laid back and don't want to do anything. I think it's more of a case of a few people need to get it going, and many more will fall in line. That's why I'm surprised no Temp groups don't try it.

For instance we were in the pool one day, and heard this girl commenting to her husband that she felt weird having her straps down on her swim suit. The top was still on, but the straps were down. He said as long as your top doesn't fall off you're fine. I thought, well they are pretty conservative. Later that night she was dancing on the bar with a few other girls, getting a body shot done off of her by another girl, and kissing another with my prompting. What I'm saying is it's can be much more crazy than the first impression, and yes, it's right on the beach where you can here the ocean, or head down there for something else....

Last edited: Dec 26, 2014
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice