Various questions to prepare for our January Trip to Cancun

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by michelleandcarl, Dec 27, 2006.

1. michelleandcarl

michelleandcarl Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We will be leaving for Cancun on January 4th. Now that Christmas is over we can fully concentrate on trip planning. We have been to Cancun twice before and loved it. This trip is for our 10th wedding anniversary and we'll be staying at the Fiesta Americana Condesa which is where we stayed on our honeymoon. Does anyone know if the following restaurants are still open - Blue Bayou in the Hyatt Cancun Caribe, Maria Bonita which was in the old Camino Real, Moro's Stone Crab and El Mexicano.

Does anyone know of a reputable private taxi driver that would drive us to Tulum and stop in Playa Del Carmen on the way back? I don't want to go to Xel Ha and the last time we were in Cancun we couldn't find a tour that had both Playa and Tulum in it.

For all of the fluent Spanish speakers, how do you say honeymoon in Spanish? I speak some Spanish and I want to explain to the hotel that we went there on our honeymoon also but I couldn't find it in my old textbooks.
    Thanks for the info in advance!

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Hi,
    I cant help with your hotel questions but the spanish for honeymoon is luna de miel

Re Tulum / Play del carmen you're right tours don't include both. A taxi will be expensive, you could always go via bus from the bus station downtown. They're modern, fast, inexpensive and stop at both places.

Have a good second hornymoon :wink:

3. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Re: Various questions to prepare for our January Trip to Can

Not a taxi...better.

I'd recommend CancunValet.

www.cancunvalet.com

They do private excursions just about anywhere you'd want to go. Top notch in the customer service department.

4. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    True, but for just two people a private tour is going to be way expensive with any tour provider. For the price it would cost I'd take you myself :wink:

5. janie

janie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Will you pick me up in Pittsburgh tomorrow morning? I have a few pesos :cool:

6. lambert13

lambert13 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'll be at Janies house by noon also. I'll even bring lunch for everyone.

Come to think of it, I will actually be about an hour from Pittsburgh on the weekend of the fourth anyway. This works out perfect :D

Back to the original question though..... as long as the idea of taking the bus works for you, that would definately be the way to go. If you do end up taking a cab or private service, stop for lunch in Akumal. It is a charming town with a few great places to eat for cheap and a wonderful beach.

7. janie

janie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    :michaelf: :bounce3: :bounce2: :michaelf:
    YEAH! A PARTY!!! AND LUNCH!!!

:bounce2: :bounce3: :michaelf: :bounce2: :bounce3:

8. R.I. GAL

R.I. GAL Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

:shock: :shock: :shock: Party :shock: :shock: :shock: Count me in :!: :!: :!: :!:

9. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'll be there too!!!

10. mitchellfam

mitchellfam Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    darn it...I can't make it....no flights to Janie's house. :cry:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice