vacinations

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by sue-A, Feb 27, 2007.

1. sue-A

sue-A Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi, We are coming to cancun at the end of march for two weeks, from the UK. and really looking forward to it. A friend sugested that we may need certain vacinations for mexico, I had not heard anything about this, I wondered if any one here could confirm if this is correct or not, and if we do need them, what do we need them for ?
    Many thanks for your help in anticipation,
    Sue :?

2. tele65

tele65 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    the only shots you need to worry about are the tequila shots you'll be doing while there. :)

3. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That is a question you really need to be asking your primary care physician. I would suggest that you go see your Dr. and ask if you need any shots, only he/she would be qualified to answer a question like that.

Michelle

4. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I got Hep A shots before moving here. People don't usually get shots before coming here on vacation.

5. sue-A

sue-A Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Many thanks for the responce, the tequila shots we can cope with :D I will give my doctor a call, but hopfully there will be no need for any other shots.
    Sue

6. YamYamMan

YamYamMan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I had Hep A & typhoid shots last summer when I went to Cancun under the advice of my GP, now I've just had my booster to cover me for 10yrs now for my trip in May...

My mates have just had there jabs for May (first time to cancun) but they've been told to take Malaria tablets by there GP... So I guess each look at it differently... Best to check to be safe what they feel you need

7. svenskaprincessa

svenskaprincessa Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The only shots I did for my children that I have not before is the flu shot - and that's primarily for the recirculated air in the plane and the fact that the flu season is in full swing here in MN. Didn't want anyone getting sick right before we left!

8. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have never heard of a case of malaria in Cancun or the Riviera Maya. It exists in the jungle, but not along the coast from what I understand.

9. GONZO

GONZO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Your right I think RG I give blood and they always want to know if I have been away from the coast or city because if I do go into the jungle I dont think I can give for 3 years or something like that.

10. YamYamMan

YamYamMan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thats what I figured, I was very suprised :shock: my mates GP told them they would need them

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice