Vacation Ruined.. almost!

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by NickyD, Dec 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RobnStew

RobnStew Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    Absolutely correct ... although my experience with the airlines (and of course since this guy works for the airlines, "his results my vary") is that they won't let you board without the ability to get back home.

I'm just a firm believer in having my stuff under my control. but, I guess I said that already ...

2. J4

J4 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Someone needs a swerious case of "lighten up"! When you post a comment in a public forum...your gonna get a differing opinion. Deal with it, its life. It could be worse...

Hell, I seldom agree with Stew because he always see stuff differently than me. But, heck, that is why I love reading his posts! Youre on target this time Stew!

3. RobnStew

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    Whoohooo!! But you're always a good sport when you disagree - most are, a few notable exceptions are not but whatever ... :)

I suspect that the original poster has solved his little problem and is down in tittyville drinking beer while the rest of us sit here in the upper 48 and shiver ... so ... life goes on. I would suspect he will think twice before handing his passport back over and maybe even will <SHOCK> take my advice and get his own safety deposit box.

I travel so damn much my passport lives in my laptop bag ... but that's not bragging, just a statement of my sorry state of life that has me away from my family 50% or more per year.

4. J4

J4 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    I hate to admit it, but your right again Stew!

5. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Yeah Nick is here now, he called me earlier.

BTW he was going to express Fed Ex his passport to me to hand over and use on the return leg while taking his original flight. But you definitely need a passport to travel these days. This is a US law not a Mexican one. No one is allowed to board a US flight to Mexico without a passport.

The only nationality that doesn't need a passport to enter Mexico by air these days are Canadians.

6. NickyD

NickyD I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey

The difference between giving me you opinion on my issue, and giving me your opinion on how 'tied up with my parents I am" is different. You went off onto a whole tangent about how it's my fault that someone took my passport from me without my knowledge.

Either way, this place is wild... I got enough to make up for the lost day last night so ITS ALL GOOD

7. RobnStew

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    Re: Hey

Relax, have a beer. It's all good. Sorry you took my suggestions not in the way intended. Say hi to the boobies for me.

8. dancing sean

dancing sean Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    glad you made it see you on the first. :michaelf:

9. RobnStew

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    Re: Hey

Either I'm an idiot or a glutton for punishment ... so I have to make one more comment. Your statement "someone took my passport from me without my knowledge" makes it sound like you were pickpocketed. Instead, the facts based on what you said in your eariler posts are that you went on a trip to Europe with your folks (hey, that's great. Wish my dad were still alive to do that with ...) and for whatever reason, your dad wound up with your passport in his safe deposit box.

And based on that, I made the simple comment that one lesson I learned in life (and by the way, this was all at my dad's insistence), was that when I left my parents home for good to start living on my own, I set up my own infrastructure entirely. And I commented that it sounded like your dad didn't want to give you your passport back until he knew where you were going.

Beyond that, the leaps to conclusions were all your own. If I were to guess about your situation, I'd say that you're not married and you're fairly recently living on your own (it doesn't sound like you live with your folks anymore and by fairly recently, I mean within the last 3 years). Obviously you've discovered that having a key valuable item in someone else's possession and responsibility, no matter how close the person, can cause you trouble. And I only said that the lesson I learned is that when I left, I LEFT. Doesn't mean anything other than when that occurred, neither me, nor anything belonging to me, was in the possession of anyone but me.

Then I got married. but that's another story ... :)

Have a good vacation and enjoy yourself. Stay away from the computer, you're supposed to be out drinking and chasing women, not pushing a mouse. And I didn't write any of this to belittle you, although you clearly took it that way.

10. wildkaren

wildkaren Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    dam

dam if u can't control your own stuff don't whine about it just take care of your own shit or stay the hel home we don't lick whiners at Temptation lol wild karen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice