Vacation Ruined.. almost!

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by NickyD, Dec 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NickyD

NickyD I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Perhaps hold the bank up with a gun...right?

2. NickyD

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

I just came down with a cold on top of it...

3. RobnStew

RobnStew Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    Just a suggestion - understand I have a fantastic relationship with my folks and always have - but when I moved out of my parents house six months after I graduated college, it was a clean break - I took pretty much everything that belonged to me, and set up my own "infrastructure" - safe deposit box, banking and investment accounts, insurance programs, etc.

Too many people I know, even at my age (46) still have their shit tied up with their parents, and you just never know what could happen.

Sounds to me like your dad made a power play on you there - he wasn't giving you back your passport unless you owned up to what you were doing. And if you're still living in his house, well, I'd say he was somewhat entitled to know ... if you're on your own, different story - he was just being an ass, but ... then that means you do need to pull a clean break.

4. NickyD

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Regardless, it's none of your business whether or not my 'shit is tied up with my parents". It was an unfortunate event nonetheless. Quite frankly, it was a mistake, and it sucks. I wasn't looking for your opinion, I was just stating what happened because it blows.

5. RobnStew

RobnStew Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    Re: ...

Yup, you're exactly right, its none of my business, and yes it blows. Just was sharing my thoughts and since this is a public forum, those frequently include my opinions as well. Was making a suggestion based on my experience. If that doesn't mirror your situation, feel free to ignore. And if you do find it mirrors your situation, then hope it was helpful. Either way, it goes, it goes. Its your life, live it as you see fit.

Hope you can get to Cancun and enjoy the resort.

6. LotsaTimers

LotsaTimers Cancuncare's Survivors Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Gee Stew, Didn't you grow up and graduate college only once? :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

George

7. Bart/Annette

Bart/Annette Life begins at 40!!! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +270 / 0
    Our passports are laying on the counter (I hope) from our last trip.

8. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    Re: ...

Then why did you bring it here?

Guess I don't understand folks that come here, post a message, and then get upset if everyone doesn't agree/feel the same as they do. Trust me - it ain't gonna happen. Someone is always going to think differently than you. When I read your message I was like "I'd have been on his doorstep everyday two weeks before the trip and trying to drag him to the bank everyday a week before the trip." No need to rob the bank just be proactive and not bitch when you're not and things don't happen the way you want. It's one of life's lessons.

Oh well, you're probably on your way to TTR by now so enjoy.....

Jamie

9. Scoooter

Scoooter Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Gezzz, I agree, post your issue then tell someone it's none of their business. LOL. :roll:

10. gardy121

gardy121 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just a thought, and not saying try this or anything- but I don't think they are as strict getting into Mexico as the US. You could probably get into Mexico with just a birth certificate, and drivers license, as long as you could have someone else bring your passport to you before you came back. Since you work for the airline you could possibly work that out. It would all hinge on getting your passport before returning, or you could get screwed. Getting back into the US requires it now. But again, I don't think they are so strict in Mexico.

Just a thought, if someone knows different please correct me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice