Vacation Insurance......

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by cc_matt, Feb 26, 2009.

1. cc_matt

cc_matt Regular Registered Member

Belleville Michigan Freezing my ass off!!!
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Does anybody purchase it? If they do who should I go with? A guy I work with has a brother who went to cancun a couple of years back and while he was swimming back to shore a wave picked him up and smacked him into the ground breaking his back. He had no insurance so it ended up costing him 30grand to fly him back to florida on an emergency privete jet, and then another 10grand to fly him back up here in michigan. Guy is still recovering. Paralazed from the neck down. Now if he would have been covered it wouldnt have cost him that much to get back. So I'm thinking of purchasing it because its not worth the risk. What do you guys thing?

2. Fletch

Fletch Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    just be safe and you wont need to worry about the insurance....i never do

3. Cancun Mode

Cancun Mode Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i've already spent $150 on vaccines, so buying insurance only makes sense. I'm just going to get it from my bank. $15-$20 i think.

4. cc_matt

cc_matt Regular Registered Member

Belleville Michigan Freezing my ass off!!!
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wow, thats not a bad price at all! I wonder if I will need to get vaccines as well.

5. hw711

hw711 Moderator/Dance Machine Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My Visa Signature covers me up to $1,000,000 when I purchase my trip usisng the card.

6. cancunkrazy

cancunkrazy Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    yehget it standard

7. HammieJ

HammieJ I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    i went with applevacations my first trip ever to cancun. I paid like 40-60 a person for insurance. When we got their..... our hotel was overbooked... and our room was the only room they had left..... and kids had overflowed the toilets all night long.... and water was dripping from the ceiling. After waiting about 4 hours..... applevacations(due to our insurance), gave us a complimentary upgrade to the 5 or 6 apple(5 star)
    Golden parnassus. We were pissed at first because we thought it was going to be boring..... but we ended up falling in love with it. To stay there for the week would have been an additionally 2000 for us had we booked it online. They even gave us a complimentary ocean view. When we got back, they issued us both a check for 200 usd for an inconvenience. I thought that was sooooooooooo nice! On top of that... I got sunburn so bad, my skin was purple and you could almost knock on it. I had to call the hotel desk to get a doctor. They came, gave me a shot, and gave me these creams to keep putting on it. I didnt pay a penny. Apple paid for everything! I RECOMMEND the insurance. You never know what can happen! Especially for lost baggage they give you money too.

8. Patbish

Patbish Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah I have just paid 35 pounds which includes water sports and other stuff like delays lost baggage etc etc you never know. When I went to Kavos a few years ago my mate got drunk dived into a pool hit his head at the bottom and was knocked out under the water for about 2 minutes until the handyman saw him lol and pulled him out of the water. He was in a Greek hospital for 5 days having water pumped out of his lungs. The doctor said he should have died :shock: and was surprised he made a full recovery so quick. He had insurance and they paid for eveything which would have cost him a bomb!!!

9. punkman23

punkman23 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If u stay at the oasis and are under 25 u have to pay an extra fee for insurance and have to get it all tho its just medical i had to get it last year forgot how much it cost thinks its like 20$

10. DConCT

DConCT CC's SB Godfather Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Get insurance. Make sure it covers you if you have to cancel too.

It's usually $40-$60 or so.

Check out the Travel Guard banner at the bottom of this page if you aren't familiar with trip insurance. It may or may not be the right kind for you, but it will give you an idea of which insurance options you have and for how much.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice