Using Private transportation

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by jolycr2, Apr 4, 2007.

1. jolycr2

jolycr2 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Have any of you using private transportation found your tour company such as Funjet or Apple getting Pi$$y at you for not riding to hotel with them? The three times I have been to Cancun we always used Brants transfers and always let the Companies know at the airport we have our own transportation when we arrive so they don't wait for us. But it seems when we get to the hotel we missed out on the tour of the hotel that tells you where everything is and what times shows are, dinner reservations etc. Then when we go to ask Funjet or Apple reps something they are kinda short with us. And when we go to leave the resort with Brants transfer back to the airport for departure and go to tell them we will not be riding with them they act like they don't understand or something. Anyone else seem to have these types of issues or ideas on how to handle it. We Still booked our trip with them, you think we'd still deserve the same type of service even though we booked our own transportation and didn't book tours through them. Or am I wrong??

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    You should certainly get the same service from them. You will have already paid for their "free" transfer.

I guess you mean you miss the "welcome meeting"? The reps will be handing out welcome packs on the bus ride in telling you the time and location etc. The "welcome meeting" is usually held within a few hours of your arrival and presented by someone who's spent about 2 or 3 months in the resort. It's their one big opportunity to sell you some overpriced tours and make some commission before you discover the real prices. They are probably pissed at you for that.

But it's not your fault you're smart, arrived an hour before everyone else, had the pick of the best rooms available and are already sitting by the pool sipping a margarita while the others on your flight line up at the front desk to check in.

Private Transfer is the way to go!

3. CRAZYMIKE

CRAZYMIKE Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yep steve is correct.. We get in early about 10am. We use brant as well and walk right past the tour comapny. And it is true early in better room it seems

4. jolycr2

jolycr2 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Mike & Diane,
    So you don't let them know you won't be using there transfer to the hotel? Do you then get the info that you would get in the welcome meeting from the front desk?

5. CRAZYMIKE

CRAZYMIKE Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    No we dont tell them anything. The info at the front desk from them is not the resort, That is the tour company you booked with.. all they do is try to sell you tours at much higher price.. Info from the resort comes from the front desk resort people..

Dont get fooled by the tour compamy..Most tours you can get cheaper

6. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You might think about having your travel agent (or do it yourself if you don't use a travel agent) tell the tour/charter company at the time of booking that you won't be needing the transportation.

In many cases that free transportation isn't free and they'll knock a few dollars off the price since they won't be providing it to you.

Before I had my BBG night and booked through those companies I always had my travel agent tell them I didn't it and it saved me about $20 on the price. Not a huge amount but why pay for what you don't use.

7. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Forgot to add...

You really should at least tell them at the airport that you won't be needing them as they do have your name ands will wait for you.

You're delaying all the other people on the bus from getting to their resort if they're waiting for you thinking you're still stuck at Customs and Immigration.

8. CRAZYMIKE

CRAZYMIKE Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    :D That is why we love ya Karen... Always looking out for others.. :lol: :lol: We should do that I guess, But we never do.. I like to get in and get out from that airport

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice