Useful Info

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by matkirk, Sep 25, 2013.

1. matkirk

matkirk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I thought this might be useful for someone not to get done like me.

My mum sent me one of my old suits from England that I need for a wedding here. She used UPS and declared a value of 250 pounds for the suit and cuff links.

Aduana charged me tax of 51.2% - like 2500 pesos (more than the suit is worth) and they also stole the cuff links.

So if you are getting any textiles sent in via UPS/Fedex etc. declare a really low amount, because of the massive tax (and don't send cuff links!).

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
  3. matkirk

matkirk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Apparently any textiles coming in are subject to 51% tax (when they come in with the parcel companies)!

I'm feeling very ripped off at the moment to be honest, with this crap, stealing, holes in the road, trash everywhere, paying high taxes at work, high prices for goods and services, no one wanting to pay maintenance, blah blah blah, rant rant rant!!!

:aktion025::aktion025::aktion025:

And.....breathe...:icon_smile:

4. CancunMole

CancunMole Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have read, can't remember where, that if whatever is sent to Mexico via UPS, FedEx etc is addressed to a Mexican name that the Customs charge will be a lot less or possibly nothing. Something to thing about or at least try!

5. tristan1749

tristan1749 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My experience has been that shipping through the big 3, Fedex, UPS and DHL is much more scrutinized by aduana than the postal service. I have never paid import tax through the postal service and I have ALWAYS paid a lot of tax through the big 3.

6. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    I think there may be something in that.

We ship in silicone bracelets with the website name on from the US (about 4 times now). The only time we got stung for extra import duty was when I put my name on it instead of my wifes.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice