USA vs. Canada Olympic Hockey

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by J4, Feb 21, 2010.

1. Fletch

Fletch Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Parise oh my god!!!!! What a game!!!!

2. Fletch

Fletch Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Congratulations, Canada....that was a hell of a game....and how fitting Sid the Kid ended it

3. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    Excellent game. Said at the end of regulation that no matter who won it was an great game!

Congratulations to Team Canada! Congradulations to Team USA.

Let's do two out of three!

Jamie

4. J4

J4 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Congratulations to my friends from the great white north! It was a great game between two great teams. Well done!

5. Dave & Audrey

Dave & Audrey Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    That was an excellent game! Perfect ending to a really great Olympics. The States sets a new record for most medals in the in Winter Olympics and Canada sets a new record for most gold medals in the Winter Olympics. Pretty good games for both countries!

Seems pretty obvious that after football, hockey is the best sport out there. Hopefully good games like this help to increase it's exposure in the States so y'all can see the light. :icon_biggrin: This game was on NBC wasn't it?

6. Fletch

Fletch Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

I certainly hope you're right, seems like 90% of my facebook friends posted a status update regarding the game, when I'm sure the majority of them have never watched a game in their lives. For new fans, this was certainly a game to captivate them. I'm going to say it was one of, if not THE best game I've ever seen. I may just watch it again tonight

7. Luvinit

Luvinit Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    An absolutely amazing hockey game! Had to remember to breathe every so often. Our hometown boy Sid won it for us which put a perfect ending to a perfect game. CONGRATS to both teams. It was nail biter to be sure!! YAY CANADA for coming through under extreme pressure :flagcanada:

8. dmbBluejay

dmbBluejay Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    As a Hockey player as well, I am psyched that more people are starting to get into the sport. The US team looked great today, and they still have so much room to grow as players, and a team. In overtime they did seem to have some difficulties but people don't understand how exhausted they had to be by that point, I think they did awesome. Wish we could have come away with the gold (and bragging rights, more importantly!!) but just wait 4 more years...

By the way, we must give credit to Parise (looove my NJ Devils) for his awesome goal that let us have a shot at it in OT. But the most praise is due to Miller... he had some fantastic saves and kept it an amazing, tight match.

I was ready to give free shots to the whole bar if we won... but alas, that did not work out. Time to let the wounds heal...

9. Fletch

Fletch Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    no time to mourn....NHL gets back into it tomorrow :) Time for the Penguins to ride Sid's momentum to a repeat

10. Zackman

Zackman I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The USA and Canada played two terrific games and both were very exciting to watch. Congrats to Team Canada in wining the gold !

Indeed, Miller was the MVP for Team USA. I'm also proud he plays for the Buffalo Sabres.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice