US Election 2016

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by Steve, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Gus&Diane

Gus&Diane Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Almost everyone I hear wants trump, but then again he is the only one who won't take shit from anyone, he believes in a armed society, Clinton wants to take guns away from law abiding citizens good luck with that.

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    So Cruz drops out. It's Trump vs Hilary. Congrats Hilary.

Like I said earlier, if the Republicans keep putting up unelectable candidates, they will keep on being unelected. I cant believe this clutch of Republican nominees represented the best the US has.

3. twinimini

twinimini I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 0

It's also hard to fathom that the best the Dems can put up is a crook and nasty old man who hates anyone who has ever worked. That is a very sad commentary on both parties.

4. Garry n Jo

Garry n Jo Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +677 / 9
    Were screwed either way.

5. Cathy & Jim

Cathy & Jim Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I wouldn't count your chickens before they hatch. Even though the media and some of you think Hillary is a shoe in to win, I would disagree. This has been a unique year for politics and I would think there are still a lot of surprises left in the bag. As soon as Trump speeches start becoming more respectful and presidential, people will forget in a hurry all his past comments. Several of my democratic union friends will be voting for Donald. Just by looking at Indiana, there are a lot of people that don't like Hillary. I don't think it will be a gimme for Hillary.

6. twinimini

twinimini I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 0
    I have no doubt that both Hillary and Donald are probably the two most disliked candidates in my memory at least. They both seem to bring new meaning to the term the "lesser of two evils" when it comes time to vote.

I still think that there may be some very unique wild cards to be played yet. Consider this, Bernie's fanatics won't take no for an answer and run him as an independent. The Republican Party fragments and runs a more moderate candidate like Kasich or Ben Sasse. Now we have four potential candidates seeking the same office. That could get interesting, although the last time that happened was when Ross Perot ran and it basically gave us Bill Clinton as President when Perot split the Republican vote. That may happen again but who will be the winner this time?

7. bigsexy&misssexy2012

bigsexy&misssexy2012 Shot Opus & Toga Fan Registered Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0
    I have reserved comment here, however I'll throw in my two cents as I did with some friends this past weekend. There are roughly 45% stalwart Democrats and 45% stalwart Republican / conservatives. A fair number of both of those groups don't like either candidate so a percentage will peel off to the independence or the third parties. I think that those sanders fans won't take no for an answer they also know that they don't want Donald Trump as president. In addition, a fair number of people I know who are Republicans who said they would never vote for anyone but Republicans have already publicly declared for Hillary Clinton. I don't think it's a shoo-in, and I think it will be a lot closer than anyone expects, but at the end of the day barring anything unforeseen it's a fair bet that Hillary has better odds than anyone of winning this election. I think for the next several Cycles is going to be the 10% in the middle who are going to decide who falls into the Oval Office. The true Moderates not the ones with strong convictions one side or the other

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

8. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Finally it's reckoning day. So glad I wont have to listen to Hilary screeching and shouting at her rallies any more.

I've watched a lot of coverage, and if I had a vote it would be for Trump. Despite the best efforts of Lady Gaga to convince otherwise (really?!)

Like Brexit in the UK, this is probably the last chance for the good folks of the US to take back control of their country and hold off the open borders, virtue signalling, globalist, Europe destroying policies of the liberal left. It hasn't worked in Europe it wont work in the US.

I'll leave you with the comments of a British commentator who sums up, far better than I can, why Trump is a better choice than Hilary.

Could this be Brexit #2 ??

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
  9. Garry n Jo

Garry n Jo Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +677 / 9
    Unfortunately I think you/ we will still have to suffer she is probably going to win. If she does win it’s only going to get worse.:flagusa:

10. bigsexy&misssexy2012

bigsexy&misssexy2012 Shot Opus & Toga Fan Registered Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0
    I think it's an interesting point. Worst is relative depending upon your perspective. For example, generally speaking people who self-identify as Democrats are fairly happy with the current state of our government. They like President Obama like Joe Biden they like Bill Clinton they like Hillary Clinton. I frankly identify with that group and I'm going to say so. However, the folks who are on the other side are generally not happy with the State of Affairs of the government and the country and have a very negative perception of where things are going. If you look back through history you can see a cyclical turn of control back and forth between whatever the two primary political parties were. That's cycle has been thrown off the last 30 years due to more extremes on both sides. I suspect that whoever wins this election will be a four-year term with control flipping back at the end of the next four years, and we will be in a ongoing cycle of for your presidencies probably through the next three or four election Cycles. I don't believe it's all doom and gloom, I do believe that good intentioned people in the middle need to work together to get things done. If one party pouts, takes their ball and goes home rather than digs in and does the hard work of making the government work then we are stuck.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice