US Election 2016

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by Steve, Feb 3, 2016.

1. twinimini

twinimini I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 0
    I don't think the issue is just Hillary's lack of honesty but her self centered nature and her Desire for the office only to be the first woman to be President. There seems to be a lot of evidence that she has already sold out the US on more than one occasion to pad her "charitable foundation" along with a lot of other issues. Would she do the same again? My guess would be that yes she would.

Trump is a showman. It's debatable as to whether or not he really wants the job. Right now he seems to be taking the tact that he can do or say anything. Obama has been arrogant, but Trump has far exceeded even Obama's attitude. Cruz is pandering to the extreme right just like Sanders is pandering to the extreme left. Both are out of touch with reality and their election would be devastating to this country.

The term idiot is one that I wouldn't use on Trump but I sure would on Sanders. He would promise anything to get elected. He has literally become the Pied Piper of Freebies and many don't have the common sense to know that his plans won't work.

2. twinimini

Ratings:
    +63 / 0
    Just wondering if the debates changes anyone's opinion about the candidates. To me the debates give me some idea about how someone may react under pressure and where they say they stand on some issues. Notice I said where they SAY they stand.

3. JEN-ERIC

JEN-ERIC Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +464 / 0

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2017
  4. JEN-ERIC

Ratings:
    +464 / 0
    This is a toxic thread

5. JEN-ERIC

Ratings:
    +464 / 0
    Watch how the candidates flip after the primaries. Happens every election

6. Livin406

Livin406 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Absolutely hilarious bit of Canadian humor.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2017
  7. DOUBLE G 9

DOUBLE G 9 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    First let me say I am not intending to insult anyone, or criticize anyone's individual choice of candidate, but after watching the Republican Debate tonight, I felt compelled to vent. The most priceless commodity we have as individuals is a vote. Whether rich or poor, black, white, Hispanic or Asian, the vote carries the same weight for all. Often we cast our vote based on a platform of policies, and promises of action, and are all too frequently disappointed when a candidate fails to delivery, either because he/she won't, or in the real world, can't. But at least our vote was cast with an ideal in mind. It confounds me that someone whose plan for change does not go deeper than the sound bites "make America great" or "it will be better than ever before" can be leading by so much in the pursuit of the highest office in the land. I personally am not a Ted Cruz fan; he reeks of McCarthyism, even looks like him, and yes he panders to certain groups. But at least he has an agenda, as misguided as it may be. Trump's a B movie trailer; sounds great, but the movie itself has no plot. When I go to TTR, my sound bite is "I'm going to have a blast", but, guess what, I know how I am going to have a blast. I am going to drink too much, sleep too little, soak up both the sun and the sexy vibe until it oozes out my pours. That's a PLAN.

8. Guido and Blondie

Guido and Blondie Paty'O Panty Patrol Registered Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    I agree. I love Steve but this thread was not one of his better ideas. I don't even discuss politics with my family. I'm surely not going to do it here with my fun friends. It's the basic concept of not shitting where you eat.

9. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,163 / 7
    I don't mind reading it. No one is attacking anyone else. I think it is necessary to talk about it, or how else will people ever learn and be informed. Just keep is civilized between all us animals.

10. twinimini

Ratings:
    +63 / 0
    As has been stated before, the discussions tend to be pretty civilized and we can even poke fun at our own favorite candidates. Maybe with this election I should say whichever candidate we dislike the least. If someone does not want to be involved in the discussion or if it upsets then, then they don't need to read it.

You can look further down in this section and you'll even find the discussion from the last Presidential election. For the most part things stayed pretty much controlled. Some of us that have been here for quite a while know that Steve likes a good discussion about things political and most of us don't know much about the politics in the UK so we have to concentrate on the US and sometimes Canada.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice