US Customs

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by Bart/Annette, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Bart/Annette

Bart/Annette Life begins at 40!!! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +270 / 0
    We got back into STL on Easter Sunday, and there were ten customs agents working. I believe there were two outbound and two inbound international flights out of STL that day, and the inbound flights do not come in at the same time.

Do you ever get the impression that no one was going to miss out on the holiday pay :(? No wonder our country can't balance a budget. A top to the Customs experience is waiting five minutes or so for the customs agent to greet us at the plane. They must have been really busy at 1:00 pm.

2. twinimini

twinimini I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 0
    It's funny you would say that. We came across the Blue Water Bridge between Sarnia, ON and Port Huron, MI, last week. The Customs guy on the US side was talking to us about how much he enjoyed his job because he could work all the overtime he wanted to and make tons of money. Gotta love a system like that! Yep, it's no wonder we're broke.

3. WVDeb/Eric

WVDeb/Eric Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +109 / 0
    Budget? This empty suit President has absolutely NO concept of a budget....He will go down as the worst in history. He alone will own 50% of our nations debt, more than all 43 past Presidents before him! When he took his oath on the Koran he vowed to destroy us from within...He's doing a damn good job at keeping his promise. Jimmy Carter has to love it now that he is no longer the worst ever.

4. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    Come on Eric! Geeezzz quit holding back and let us really know what you think! Don't make us try and be mind readers! :eek:

:daveandmo:

Jamie

5. WVDeb/Eric

WVDeb/Eric Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +109 / 0
    I can't post how I really feel about the worthless community organizer....

6. LikeToTravel

LikeToTravel Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    We went on a Disney cruise back in Jan. Our last stop was in Key West. We had to stand in line on the boat for almost 2 hours to go though "customs and immigration". The entire process, once you finally made your way to the "guy" was to stand in front of a bright light pointing at your face while he looked at your i.d. and asked you where you were born. Then they placed a little sticker on your card and then and only then could you leave the boat. Probably took 30 seconds. Absolutely useless! A waste of time and money like most government actions.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice